Best thing you have ever won

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a couple of grand through Karaoke comps.....
Vouchers and bottles of piss through pub poker....

I don't really win that much.....

bet my girlfriend on a game of pool once. I won lucky for me.

Back in '99 I got an Around the World ticket, accomodation paid for & 10,000US spending money as a reward from my work. So I didn't really 'win' it, but I was definitely winning

Not me but my old man was on deal or no deal a couple years age. Won 15 or 20 grand. It's still recorded on the playstation.

Personally a meat raffle at the mallacoota bowling club filling in a day whilst camping. Was a good change up from all the flathead we had been catching and eating.

A signed Black Sabbath cd from the headless cross/cross purposes lineup from a competition in "Hot Metal" magazine haha.

To be fair this was the early 90s and I was possibly the only person in Australia who still thought that Sabbath (in that incarnation) was cool...so not sure if my (possibly) being the only entrant constitutes winning or not.

The Universe.

Before I was born, I never knew it existed. After I die, I will never know what happened to it.

The chances of my existence are almost infinite to one. As such, I find gambling or complaining about my lot quite absurd.

Everyone on this site has already won the most ludicrious-odds prize. We very rarely consider this though. You only get one ticket.

won 5 cases of beer through the Local Taphouse Hottest 100 competition...

Nick JD said:
The Universe.

Before I was born, I never knew it existed. After I die, I will never know what happened to it.

The chances of my existence are almost infinite to one. As such, I find gambling or complaining about my lot quite absurd.

Everyone on this site has already won the most ludicrious-odds prize. We very rarely consider this though. You only get one ticket.
So that's the Universe not the universe.

pcmfisher said:
So that's the Universe not the universe.
That's its name, yes.

Just as worms live in the earth on the Earth.

And no, I have never won any grammar prizes.

A brewer for a day and accommodation package at Holgate's brew house. which I won in a Bendigo home brew comp.

When i first turned 18 i tried to submit my first horsey ticket. I incorrectly filled it out. Would have cost me $22.
I didn't want to pay that, so i changed it to $3 and changed one of the trifecta horses from number 11 to 7.

If i kept the original i would have been $21,000 richer.

Other than that i generally receive between $300-500 on a random event at least once a year. (i.e. Melb cup office horsey draw, Blackjack in Vegas etc etc)

Nick JD said:
The Universe.

Woah... that's deep, man.

10 years ago I won a 100 trip pass for the Sydney Monorail.
It's taken me 10 years of hard work, but I'm finally down to my last trip... just in time for it to be ripped down.

Monoraaaaail... Monoraaaail... Monoraaaaail!!!!!

Mono... Doh!!!

I won $3000 on a tv quiz show years ago,it paid for the pavers for the front yard the misses was so happy I got a root.after I had laid them the misses was so happy I got another root,thank **** for tv quiz shows

spog said:
I won $3000 on a tv quiz show years ago,it paid for the pavers for the front yard the misses was so happy I got a root.after I had laid them the misses was so happy I got another root,thank **** for tv quiz shows
So you really didn't care about the $3k prize, did you :lol:

Hard work laying pavers. ..cheers..spog..

The only legit thing I've won is $4500 on Powerball about 10 yrs ago.But lately I decided that to avoid interrogation from her indoors I would print my own raffle ticket that just happened to have the prize I was saving up for,like a Panasonic blu ray recorder with 500gb hd.It took a few months for the draw to take place, but I was happy to leave it stuck on the fridge and put up with her telling me I'd wasted my $10.
Then when the day arrived I got a mate from work to phone up to say I'd won,then she'd phone me to tell me I had to go and pick it up.Finished work early that day but managed to get there before the shop closed.
Have now got tickets to win a weekend for 2 in Melbourne and then might look into a Braumeister for xmas ,just need to work out what size. :)

Latest posts

Back