Best thing you have ever won

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hotmelt said:
The only legit thing I've won is $4500 on Powerball about 10 yrs ago.But lately I decided that to avoid interrogation from her indoors I would print my own raffle ticket that just happened to have the prize I was saving up for,like a Panasonic blu ray recorder with 500gb hd.It took a few months for the draw to take place, but I was happy to leave it stuck on the fridge and put up with her telling me I'd wasted my $10.
Then when the day arrived I got a mate from work to phone up to say I'd won,then she'd phone me to tell me I had to go and pick it up.Finished work early that day but managed to get there before the shop closed.
Have now got tickets to win a weekend for 2 in Melbourne and then might look into a Braumeister for xmas ,just need to work out what size. :)
Remind me not to buy a ticket .
Nev

hotmelt said:
The only legit thing I've won is $4500 on Powerball about 10 yrs ago.But lately I decided that to avoid interrogation from her indoors I would print my own raffle ticket that just happened to have the prize I was saving up for,like a Panasonic blu ray recorder with 500gb hd.It took a few months for the draw to take place, but I was happy to leave it stuck on the fridge and put up with her telling me I'd wasted my $10.Then when the day arrived I got a mate from work to phone up to say I'd won,then she'd phone me to tell me I had to go and pick it up.Finished work early that day but managed to get there before the shop closed.Have now got tickets to win a weekend for 2 in Melbourne and then might look into a Braumeister for xmas ,just need to work out what size. :)
Pure genius, going to go enter a raffle for a makita tool package to fill up the shed!

Best win=Keno Promo. BBQ, beer, eskys etc.

Best win FAIL=Entered a guitar comp, got annouced as the winner. Swaggered up on stage, just as they hand me a cheque and shake the hand......oh..hang on.....we made a mistake. We meant someone else. Can we have the cheque back.

Getting married next year and the mrs went to a bridal show thing a few weeks back. I won a free leave pass for the night so the boys came around for a drink.

Oh and she won the lucky door prize, a trip to Mauritius.

hotmelt said:
The only legit thing I've won is $4500 on Powerball about 10 yrs ago.But lately I decided that to avoid interrogation from her indoors I would print my own raffle ticket that just happened to have the prize I was saving up for,like a Panasonic blu ray recorder with 500gb hd.It took a few months for the draw to take place, but I was happy to leave it stuck on the fridge and put up with her telling me I'd wasted my $10.
Then when the day arrived I got a mate from work to phone up to say I'd won,then she'd phone me to tell me I had to go and pick it up.Finished work early that day but managed to get there before the shop closed.
Have now got tickets to win a weekend for 2 in Melbourne and then might look into a Braumeister for xmas ,just need to work out what size. :)
Genius, except how do you syphon the cash for the item? Have more 'expensive' lunches for a few months?

hotmelt said:
Genius, yes. But how many times can you win a raffle. All wives think their husband is the luckiest man in the world. Your's must really think so.

Bridges said:
Genius, yes. But how many times can you win a raffle. All wives think their husband is the luckiest man in the world. Your's must really think so.
Yeah, could be pushing it with the Braumeister....I know I'll put her name on the ticket. :D

Back