Best Perfoming Ale Yeast In Warmer Conditions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickel

Reaction score
My fermenting fridge has s**t itself for the time being probably for the rest of summer, I'm want too keep putting down nice smooth brit ale's till I get organise again. Can someone give me some advice on any ale yeasts that perform well, or stick close too their profiles in 22 degree plus temps?

even though your fridge has died, you can still keep you fermenting beer cold by using ice bottles. Several brewers on this forum do it with great results. Having 2 or 3 2 litre bottles that you can rotate morning, afternoon and night can keep your fermenting beer well within ale temps.

Cheers
Phil

SO4 Safale recommended 18 - 24 oC

Danstar Windsor, Nottingham, London and Manchester all 17 - 21 oC

My info is pretty old so you may be wise to check it out. Also you don't want to go to the top end if you can possibly avoid it, so as the previous post suggested try to find ways of keeping the temp down if possible.

i would recommend some belgian strains if you can get your hands on them.. they usually ferment well starting at around 18-20 but then free rise up to 28c

or if you want even hotter saison strains, so i've heard can go up to around 30 -35c

these also make great summer beers

My fermenting fridge has s**t itself for the time being probably for the rest of summer, I'm want too keep putting down nice smooth brit ale's till I get organise again. Can someone give me some advice on any ale yeasts that perform well, or stick close too their profiles in 22 degree plus temps?

Currently around 30 degrees here in SEQ until March and I'm currently doing lagers at 14 degrees with S-189 yeast, never mind ales using:

dead_fridge_lager__Large_.jpg

Dead fridge plus 3 frozen PETs swapped daily, sometimes an extra swap if it goes up to 35 degrees as last weekend.

Of course you need some freezer space to supply the frozen two-litre bottles but for an ale you should command the high ground on it with just two bottles swapped once daily, easily 19 degrees.

Latest posts

Back