Best Multi Purpose High Aa Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im only limited in experience and havent tried many of the above, but ive found Perle to be very good for bittering without imparting much other flavours...

I got some Super Pride 13% to bitter my lagers, how will it go in that respect?

I hear Europe will be releasing their latest crop soon. When would one expect to see it on the shelves?

TYVM Damian

Another vote for Nothern Brewer on the pile.

I haven't tried a great many bittering hops, but it is because I really love this one. It gives a 'rounded' bittering if that makes sense. I just used Nelson Sauvin in an IIPA, but give me NB any day of the week, it is the Swiss-Army Hop. The character that carries through is very pleasant and adds a certain 'colour' to your beer flavour, but I have never heard of another hop that it clashes with.

If I had to pick one bittering hop, NB would be the one.

POR, German and US Northern Brewer as all-round hop. I'd add the mighty Simcoe but it's toooo American in flavour and aroma to be an all-rounder.

tdh

SOTHERN CROSS!!!!!!

Flowers are even better and its even better cause you can get it in flowers :)

Magnum for me, love this hop for bittering.

Batz

I'd say Magnum ... but I get Millenium for free and find its just as good. Clean and neutral. POR is also an excellent clean bittering hop as long as its nice and fresh.

We need a poll ;)

But to tilt the results even further - I'm digging the Northern Brewer as well.

Have a big baggie of Superpride that need to be trialled though, never used them. hmmm... gotta give them a go.

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back