Best Home Brew Shop Near Brisbane Cbd Is ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheel

Reaction score
i know craft brewer is bloody good, but it's a fair drive...

wanted a coulpe of ginger beer cans of goo..... to put down for xmas (bite late...)

I'm no expert but I think ipswich rd annerly is the closet. If it is still there. Otherwise a supermarket that stocks hb gear

Do a "scratch" ginger beer! Much nicer. Grab some ginger root from the supermarket and some LDME and Sugaz and use a nice ale yeast like US05.

I do this one occasionally:

24L
1kg LDME
1.5kg Dextrose
200g Grated Ginger Root
Teaspoon Chilli powder
Teaspoon Clove Powder
US05 @ 20C

I just bung it all in the fermenter and top up with cold tap water.

Do a "scratch" ginger beer! Much nicer. Grab some ginger root from the supermarket and some LDME and Sugaz and use a nice ale yeast like US05.

I do this one occasionally:

24L
1kg LDME
1.5kg Dextrose
200g Grated Ginger Root
Teaspoon Chilli powder
Teaspoon Clove Powder
US05 @ 20C

I just bung it all in the fermenter and top up with cold tap water.

Jeez, that looks easy! Might have to have a crack at it. What sort of gravity should I be looking for?

Jeez, that looks easy! Might have to have a crack at it. What sort of gravity should I be looking for?

I never take any readings with this kinda thing - I just chuck it all in and bottle it when through the gladwrap it's not fizzing anymore.

Beersmith or that spreadsheet should give you the numbers if you need them. It's a pretty chilled out ginger beer - low alc and mild ginger taste and slightly sweet. It's great cooled to about 2C and it's 35C outside.

Yep, the one at Annerley would be my pick there. I've only been there a couple of times but seemed to have the full range of that sort of thing.

Yeah been there a few times in the early days of my homebrewing. Good for cans etc... but wouldn't use the yeasts or hops. none of it is refrigerated and the hops look a little briwnish... but for K&K and water purifcation :ph34r: it i'd be ok

but wouldn't use the yeasts or hops. none of it is refrigerated and the hops look a little briwnish... but for K&K and water purifcation :ph34r: it i'd be ok

yeah..........

the kits are so covered in dust i gave it a miss.....

might just have to drive to craftbrewer tomorrow

thanks all

yeah..........

the kits are so covered in dust i gave it a miss.....

might just have to drive to craftbrewer tomorrow

thanks all

there's a coldie waiting for you :chug:

Cheers Ross

Ross, totally Hijacking thread but I'll be there tomorrow around 3.30 (dropping SWMBO-in-law off to Airport to fly back to Sydney and I really want to show her the largest concrete arch bridge in the Southern Hemisphere) :lol: :lol: and waddya know there's Old Cleveland Road and I just happen to have an order in today B)

Now I really want to taste a couple of them 19 degree lagers if available.

i know craft brewer is bloody good, but it's a fair drive...

wanted a coulpe of ginger beer cans of goo..... to put down for xmas (bite late...)

Craftbrewer is at Capalaba now. Probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other but traffic wise for me I would head to Capalaba.

You back on tap for tasties Ross??????????

Sorry for the big OT....but hows the FWK scene looking?????????

Cheers

Absolutely - 14 different beers on tap & all free. FWK's are imminent, just need to get the Xmas brew rush over.

cheers Ross

I've done it. It ain't "clean". Fruit city.

Run two brews from a split wort with no late hop additions (at 11C and 19C) and you'll taste the yeast's effect.

Ross has been chroming too many hops. :D

Back