Best Conical Pressurised fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad someone started this thread, was looking for something similar myself. actually saw the KK offering in their shop last week, so cant be too far off, but would like to see if KL has something similar coming aswell :O Really just want to be able to pressurise it enough to be able to do pressure transfers that the buckets cant do.

I like the Apollo I've got now and think after a lot of consideration I just might get the SS version when it comes out. Still a bit hesitant to drop $400 on a fermenter though.

Anyone picked up the SS Apollo yet? Still considering making the purchase but keen to hear what people think of it before dropping that kind of cash.

Nice review. How are you cleaning it, CIP or keg washer type set up? And how hot of water have you used? Will the lid hold up to near boiling to pasteurize? Have you dumped yeast? Used a carb stone or any other accessories?

Nice review. How are you cleaning it, CIP or keg washer type set up? And how hot of water have you used? Will the lid hold up to near boiling to pasteurize? Have you dumped yeast? Used a carb stone or any other accessories?
Cheers! I clean it with a keg washer setup, but only use warm tap water. Can't answer to the lid holding up to near boiling temperature. I don't have any other accessories (yet) besides a ball valve sight glass so haven't dumped yeast or used a carb stone etc.

Excellent review thank you.

From an earlier post I went ahead and purchased the Cheeky Peak Nano-X (NANO – X 30L Flexi UniBucket Fermenter – Cheeky Peak Brewery) .
It's a nice bit of kit with a few more options than the Apollo - also a bit more expensive. I do have an Apollo PET fermenter and also just wanted to try something different.

First brew this weekend - I'll see how it goes.

Excellent review thank you.

From an earlier post I went ahead and purchased the Cheeky Peak Nano-X (NANO – X 30L Flexi UniBucket Fermenter – Cheeky Peak Brewery) .
It's a nice bit of kit with a few more options than the Apollo - also a bit more expensive. I do have an Apollo PET fermenter and also just wanted to try something different.

First brew this weekend - I'll see how it goes.
How will you be setting yours up? Did you buy any additional accessories? Keen to what you like about it.

I like the Apollo PET fermenter, cheap even replacing the PET body is cheap. Sit it in a keg chime to get an even lower profile, easy to transfer into secondary or keg, fit a sample tap with an interference fit because of the PET thickness will not leak even under pressure, (Thank you Juri) harvest yeast top or bottom. Cleaning is a breeze. Got nothing against stainless steel fermenters just like to keep things simple and without the expenditure.

001.JPG

004.JPG

How will you be setting yours up? Did you buy any additional accessories? Keen to what you like about it.
Yep - went for a few options - and decided on the $810 option with the lot + these extras
- Neoprene jacket
- Cooling coil (both because currently no fermentation fridge, nor space)
- 1.5" PRV Value
- Gas & Liquid 1.5" TC Connection with Float Ball on Liquid TC Connection
- Closed Pressure transfer

You know what it's like, once you start :) . Pain once and ok from then on.

I then also got a sight glass lens from Kegland so I can check in via the 2" port. 2 Inch Tri-Clover Sight Glass Lens (PPSU)

IMG_7833.jpeg

First brew tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. 15psi was fine for what I want to do and the bigger opening, albeit with more parts to clean, was something that swayed me. Lots of ports "might" come in handy.

I'll see how it pans out over this ferment and report back.

Last edited:
I like the Apollo PET fermenter, cheap even replacing the PET body is cheap. Sit it in a keg chime to get an even lower profile, easy to transfer into secondary or keg, fit a sample tap with an interference fit because of the PET thickness will not leak even under pressure, (Thank you Juri) harvest yeast top or bottom. Cleaning is a breeze. Got nothing against stainless steel fermenters just like to keep things simple and without the expenditure.

View attachment 122555

View attachment 122557
Hey WEAL I also love the snub
I use a floating dip tube (pressure ferment) and a quicky for taking samples.
Works well

Yep - went for a few options - and decided on the $810 option with the lot + these extras
- Neoprene jacket
- Cooling coil (both because currently no fermentation fridge, nor space)
- 1.5" PRV Value
- Gas & Liquid 1.5" TC Connection with Float Ball on Liquid TC Connection
- Closed Pressure transfer

You know what it's like, once you start :) . Pain once and ok from then on.

I then also got a sight glass lens from Kegland so I can check in via the 2" port. 2 Inch Tri-Clover Sight Glass Lens (PPSU)

View attachment 122559

First brew tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. 15psi was fine for what I want to do and the bigger opening, albeit with more parts to clean, was something that swayed me. Lots of ports "might" come in handy.

I'll see how it pans out over this ferment and report back.
Can you add wheels to the legs instead of feet? Bit late to the thread but I'm interested to see how it's held up?

Can you add wheels to the legs instead of feet? Bit late to the thread but I'm interested to see how it's held up?
Yeah it's all good. Now have done about 3 or 4 fermentations in it. They have since upgraded to a V2 of the fermentor - it looks like an improved seal for lid (and pressure fermenting). I have heard that some people have had issues with the 50l version keeping a seal.

Not sure about wheels but it has just standard screw in feet so I assume you'd be able to find wheels with the same thread.

Looks like they have some here as well: 4 X Caster Wheel Set: Suits NANO-X Fermenters & NANO-X FlexCube – Cheeky Peak Brewery

Latest posts

Back