Benefits Of A Brew Club...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if it's Noosa or Kin Kin Bribie. ;) :p

TP

Or Gympie, Pomona, and Cooran....a few AG brewers up this way that would be interested in a Sunshine Coast club.

Batz

in regards to a brew club, if you really wanted to run a comp with money or similar, b/c its an encorporated entitiy and has a fee structure, within that fee structure build in the comp entry fee but have it as an administration fee or similar. that way it takes care of the legal part. now in regards to the guy pouring all beers you run into a RSA issue if something bad was ever to happen (car crash etc). make the looser do something else like clean all the glasses at the end of the night or make them brew assististant at the next club brew

It seems my reply has been taken the wrong way here, and after reading it I can see why.

I and a few others up this way would be very interested in a Sunshine Coast brew club, bring it on !

Batz

I and a few others up this way would be very interested in a Sunshine Coast brew club, bring it on !

Batz

Long overdue guys, let's see it happening... :)

If you need any assistance, as Brewmaster of Babbs, I'll help out in anyway I can.

Cheers Ross

Like all these things it will probably be left to one or two people to organize, they'll get the shits and it'll drop off the radar.
I know nothing of organizing and setting up a club but I would offer my services to someone more talented in such things. I suppose a show of hands as far as who would want to become a member would be a good start.

Batz

Or Gympie, Pomona, and Cooran....a few AG brewers up this way that would be interested in a Sunshine Coast club.

Batz

I could be brib(i)ed :lol: to at least consider my position on this if the meeting place was at the Kawana Waters Bowls club, I had no responsibilities, & membership was free?

TP

At BABBs members over 60 years of age get a $10 annual discount but members over 105 get a free lifetime membership.

At BABBs members over 60 years of age get a $10 annual discount but members over 105 get a free lifetime membership.

After they have provided satisfactory proof <_<

Cheers

Paul

I suppose a show of hands as far as who would want to become a member would be a good start.
Batz

Nobody should put a name to the proposed club before we actually have one & everyone at the meeting has a say on it (The name of the club-to-be, that is). We should wait until the meeting when we all can discuss this and make a decision in a democratic manner rather than have something pushed through that we may, or may not want. See! The in-fighting has started already.

Do any old hands up here remember this last (Overbearing) attempt to form a Brew Club up here? This was my response. Following posts not worth the cut & paste.
No wonder I'm not too keen.

TP

Do any old hands up here remember this last (Overbearing) attempt to form a Brew Club up here? This was my response. Following posts not worth the cut & paste.
No wonder I'm not too keen.

TP

As far as I remember it was the 'Brewerhood' that I started, but I personally would I like to see a Sunshine Coast Club.
I love to have a beer and a chat with like minded brewers.

Batz

With you there, batz. Brewdays with the minifloccs in old adelaide town were always good times. Clubs don't need to be formal things.

I guess finding a venue area would be the big part of who would attend, I mean the sunshine coast is a wide area. Where would you look at for a meeting point??

Brad

Sunshine Coast Brew Club long overdue. I'd pop along whenever possible:

Bribie to Holland Park West (BABBs) - 1 hour 15 minutes and negotiating all of Central Brisbane on the way

Bribie to Maroochydore / Nambour 45 to 50 mins on freeway.

Arithmetic Arithmetic. :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:
Hervey Bay to Brisbane - 3.5hrs
Hervey Bay to Sunny Coast - 2.5hrs

Batz
AG brewer here that is interested..... Was considering making the trip to BABBS once a month...

It seems my reply has been taken the wrong way here, and after reading it I can see why.

Batz
Yes, bring it on I say.... I could help in some way.... Quite a few brewers on Sunny Coast and a little north....

Long overdue guys, let's see it happening... :)

If you need any assistance, as Brewmaster of Babbs, I'll help out in anyway I can.

Cheers Ross
Sounds good...................

Like all these things it will probably be left to one or two people to organize, they'll get the shits and it'll drop off the radar.
I know nothing of organizing and setting up a club but I would offer my services to someone more talented in such things. I suppose a show of hands as far as who would want to become a member would be a good start.

Batz

1. Clean Brewer
Lets go guys.... :beerbang:

With you there, batz. Brewdays with the minifloccs in old adelaide town were always good times. Clubs don't need to be formal things.

Good old days hey
I'll be back in a couple of weeks too, happy days !

Batz

in regards to a brew club, if you really wanted to run a comp with money or similar, b/c its an encorporated entitiy and has a fee structure, within that fee structure build in the comp entry fee but have it as an administration fee or similar. that way it takes care of the legal part. now in regards to the guy pouring all beers you run into a RSA issue if something bad was ever to happen (car crash etc). make the looser do something else like clean all the glasses at the end of the night or make them brew assististant at the next club brew

I doubt many of these clubs are incorporated entities. If they are, they'll have public liability insurance. If they aren't, it's just a bunch of blokes sharing their homebrew. RSA does not apply (IANAL).

Back