Stout Extravaganza 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
Brewers,
A heads up that Westgate Brewer's Stout Extravaganza will be runing again this year,Sunday July5th.
As usual , there will be the three categories...
Strong Stout-Foreign/Australian, Imperial,American
Stout-Sweet,dry,oatmeal
Porter-Brown, Robust,Baltic
Prizes to be confirmed but be certain there will be Ellerslie hop packs for first place as well as the usual Medals for placings.There will also be beer , Grain and Grape gift vouchers , Gladfield malt.
This is a VICBREW endorsed competition , and hence BJCP certified .We will also be seeking judges for the day.Consider this also a call for judges.
Please email the club [email protected] , should you wish to judge on the day , stating your experience and the category that you wish to judge.
The venue will be The Local in Bay Street Port Melbourne.

Usual drop-off points..Grain and Grape , Greensborough home Brewing , Brewers Den ..Keg King...and any interstaters that want to enter , please send me a message
Regards
Ferg
Secretary
Westgate Brewers

Sorry Ferg, what date are entries due at collection points? Will you be taking entries on the day?

Brewers,
apart from $150 worth of hops for first prize, and grain and grape vouchers for 2nd and third ,Gladfield malt and possible beer
Kee from Keg King has supplied the following...for best novice....

Keg king will supply....

Keg King MKII Temperature Controller Box valued at $69.95
Hop Spider Valued at $34.95
Keg King Color Changing Mug valued at $9.95
Total value : $114.85

So here is the added incentive for all you novice brewers...make a stout and win some cool stuff...

Entry forms are coming online too , BTW...available at Grain and Grape at the moment.....

Just a heads up....
Its almost about to close peeps....
You've got two weeks
Drop off points
Keg King
Greenborough
Grain and grape
Geelong brewing
BrewersDen

Get it in....

Sent mine in yesterday. I didn't realise how much Australia post has gone up, $18.85 to send four 355ml stubbies.

Just a heads up....
Entries close in a week.....all entries must be delieverd by Sat 27th...no entries on the day
If anyone still wants to judge..please email [email protected]

Interstaters send them to the Grain and Grape
5/280 Whitehall St., Yarraville VIC 3013, Australia

Boatrocker and Two birds also confirmed for sponsorship prizes...raffle prizes and prizes for placings.....

Cheers
Ferg

I'm assuming there'll be a meat tray raffle! Looking forward to my fourth Stout Extravaganza in a row!

Yeah Booker...There will be a meat tray !!
Looking forward to catching up...
We can talk a collab brew , then , if you want ?
Cheers
F

[SIZE=small]We've got some massive prizes organised for stour extravaganza...Gladfield Malt , Grain and Grape , Two Birds , Ellerslie Hops , Three Ravens , Boatrocker , Hawthorn Brewing ...the prizes are the best we have seen...Keg King for best novice....[/SIZE]

Best of luck guys. Always a well organised comp.
Moved interstate so I will miss it for the first time in 3 years. Anyone even co sidering judging - do it.

Entries close THIS Saturday
As stated , no entries on the day.
Cheers
Ferg

Sadly I miss out on this due to the appalling lack of speciality stout cat..

Actually.. You miss out..

On a serious note.. Can we add this for next year? I've got some barrel aged shit coming your way if you like..

Latest posts

Back