Beermasons

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooky

Reaction score
G'day brewers.

Been a while since i have posted on AHB, had no internet until today. I had a quick search for beer masons and got no results back. Just wanted to know if there are any beer masons on here and what your thoughts are on the products and service you get from the membership. I just received my first carton and I'm pretty happy with it.

If you don't know what BeerMasons is, it's a beer appreciation society. Google them.

Is it woth the $120 they charge for a carton? seen it in a few reviews but just seemed a bit steep.

Cheers Brad

Well that's what i thought when i signed up, but it's only four times a year and think of how much time and money it would take to try and round up the same beers you get in the pack. Most of them are imports and the convenience of having them delivered is worth the price. On a normal night out in sydney, i'd spend around $200 on drinks and taxi's so $120 every three months for some good beer is alright by me.

Im a member and I think its a brilliant idea! The prices are pretty good when you compare them with other online stores, or when you factor in driving/fuel costs etc to pick them up yourself - assuming your local even has them.

How many beers do they send with each delivery?

im curious as well. also if you dont mind me asking what did they send out last time?

I got the spring carton, they choose certain styles to match the season.

1 x 750ml Trois Pistoles from unibroue canada
2 x 500ml hefe-weissbier from franziskaner germany
2 x 500ml Hobgoblin from wychwood england
3 x 330ml blonds from 3 ravens australia
3 x 330ml Gouden Carolus from Het Anker belgium
3 x 345ml Red angus pilsner from William Bull australia
3 x 330ml Reserva 1925 from alhambra spain

and a bonus 330ml hefeweizen from burleigh brewing co for signing up.

thanks mate i just go to convince the minister of war and finance.

Definitely not cheap, there's lots of profit margin for them in there.

Would be a godsend if you lives outside of civilisation, where they think james squire is getting a little bit too fancy

I got the spring carton, they choose certain styles to match the season.

1 x 750ml Trois Pistoles from unibroue canada
2 x 500ml hefe-weissbier from franziskaner germany
2 x 500ml Hobgoblin from wychwood england
3 x 330ml blonds from 3 ravens australia
3 x 330ml Gouden Carolus from Het Anker belgium
3 x 345ml Red angus pilsner from William Bull australia
3 x 330ml Reserva 1925 from alhambra spain

and a bonus 330ml hefeweizen from burleigh brewing co for signing up.

albeit a great sounding line up it does seem a little pricey for what basically equates to a little less than a slab/ box of beer...

If I spend $120 on brewing those beers for myself, I'd have a keg of each and maybe some change at the end too :chug:

I've got better ways to spend my money and I find it more enjoyable having a crack at brewing these styles.

Just my HO.

Cheers,

TS

Chris form Masterchef works for Beermasons. The way he talks in his bio, it might be his company :unsure: .

Bio

Kabooby :)

Chris form Masterchef works for Beermasons. The way he talks in his bio, it might be his company :unsure: .

Bio

I'm sure it is his company, and when I saw him on the telly, I thought. "I've met him before". Then they said the beer link and I twigged. I had a chat with him at ANHC last year.

Bio

hmmmm says in the bio that the business is the first of its kind in australia. i don't think that's true. i know greg who started the lambsgobar was involved in a beer club a few years back anyway (can't remember the name) and i think there were others too...... well chris beermason does come from an advertising background so you have to expect a few blatant lies...

a bit over priced for me, plus i love heading to the local bottlo (one of the best in melbourne if not australia) and taking my time over my beer choices. but good on him for spreading the word of good beer.

cheers

christmasbender

Latest posts

Back