Beerfest 2016 - Melbourne Brewers 26-27 Feb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've entered mine, after an evening at carwyn cellars drinking real good beers, then coming home to open mine I'm not convinced I'll do well. I've only entered one other comp in WA before and am curious hop the samples are poured? My beers are bottle conditioned/carbed and the second pour is always heaps cloudy from the stirred up yeast. Ideally I would imagine it's beast to give one steady continuous pour into a jug of some type then divide the jug amongst judges. I understand this is really not practical for a comp with such high numbers.

this is exactly how the stewards are instructed to pour, one careful pour into a jug and then this is poured from the jug to the judges.

We do take a LOT of care in this arena mate, I personally assure you of it and will be responsible for ensuring the greatest care is given to all entrants beers.

Yob said:
What were your entry numbers? We have a no show list,

that tracking says delivered right? The shop owner said the only Postal entry he got was fro south Australia..

Maybe he was high??
That was me!

I hope!

Yob said:
this is exactly how the stewards are instructed to pour, one careful pour into a jug and then this is poured from the jug to the judges.

We do take a LOT of care in this arena mate, I personally assure you of it and will be responsible for ensuring the greatest care is given to all entrants beers.
Awesome [emoji106] that's reassuring. Appreciate it.

Yob said:
....is your Porter actual barrel or chips?
Actual barrel :)

(I scored a bunch of 15ltr barrels from the local boat sheds).... Unused (they were serving wine from bladders inside)...

droid said:
yep it says it was delivered 1.24pm Friday arvo

239 and 242

don't stress Jesse, i know you guys will be busy enough
Hey mate, the entries were misplaced in the shop. As they were there in time we should be able to get them into the comp OK. ;)
They better taste good.
Cheers Mudd

mudd said:
Hey mate, the entries were misplaced in the shop. As they were there in time we should be able to get them into the comp OK. ;)
They better taste good.
Cheers Mudd
thanks very much!
i did ring Peter at the shop on Monday and he explained which was fine.
after all that i guess it would be reasonable to say both beers will probably now, in spectacular fashion, bomb...hahaha

Yob said:
does that do anything to the current running sheets that Ive dutifully printed off yesterday?
They're still in there. All good.

droid said:
thanks very much!
i did ring Peter at the shop on Monday and he explained which was fine.
after all that i guess it would be reasonable to say both beers will probably now, in spectacular fashion, bomb...hahaha
couldn't help but notice you have a wood aged in there.. wasn't it a condition of buying the barrel that you cant enter comps with it? B)

bloody fine print...gets me every time hehe

Yob, you know i owe you 2 bottles for the barrel and helping me get my head around what to do with it, which i haven't forgotten, not that you need it by the sounds of your alehouse volumes presently...

look at it this way - you're kinda lucky now coz you can check in on whether the judges could hold it down, if not it might save you future regurgitation issues and me...the bottles

win win

this is my first ever comp, we get treated more delicately with feedback no? i am a flower

Frivolities start tomorrow night. Well actually at lunch time tomorrow for some.

Latest posts

Back