BEERFEST 2015 comp moves to the Royal George Hotel in Kyneton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, I thought I'll throw it in as a blond

Hi guy’s
Not knowing much about competitions, but shouldn’t you be influenced by the AABC or BJCP categorisation of styles?

I don’t know any competition lately that has a wit in 2 catagories and a saison in none (in Belgians)?

It’s not too late to clarify, so you can avoid none entry or misentry, it may help with entry#...

The judging guidelines for each style are aabc. Categorisation changes according to manageability and other factors each year but style guidelines are and always have been aabc/bjcp.

The wit issue is an error that has been addressed earlier. Not sure why no saison this year - might be to do with proximity of Yarra Valley Brewers Belgian Beerfest comp.

Thanks for the quick response and clarifying, Comp Sec's are gold!!!!!!!

If you make a mistake on the entry can you go back in and change it?? how is this changed.. in addition can you delete an entry??

emailed compmaster and Melbourne Brewers.. guess I will have to wait and see if they make the changes required...also got overcharged for most of my entries.

Yob said:
No Specialty? :(

My raspberry RIS is going to be out of place in Stouts...
Save it up for VicBrew, that's the only state comp has the manpower available to judge such a wide-ranging set of "styles".

Plus, your beer will have had an additional 6 months of aging by then, FTW!

Beerfest ran a spec category last year as a tester. Got a good number of entries (as opposed to a number of good entries? Oh shame on me) but I'm not privy as to why the committee elected not to run it again. Probably just about managing the comp, especially on new premises.

Anybody else having problems with compmaster? I keep getting an error when I click on the competition.
user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `uid`=' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`= AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.

Think he's away in the states currently..

I got that and I just went back to the home tab then back through to add the second entry.

Did he leave anyone else the keys to the city so to speak? Be good to have a second contact in times like these.

Latest posts

Back