Beer Prices Over The Top?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is ironic on a homebrewing forum.

We get tax free alcohol, yet the fools who buy 2 cartons a week are paying for our liver transplants.

And we're complaining.

Might be a good idea to be a bit more quiet, or there'll be tax on the grain and hops and yeast. :p

This thread is ironic on a homebrewing forum.

We get tax free alcohol, yet the fools who buy 2 cartons a week are paying for our liver transplants.

And we're complaining.

Might be a good idea to be a bit more quiet, or there'll be tax on the grain and hops and yeast. :p
Haha, Nice one!

I only ever buy a few slabs a year now for parties, Requested by the wife for "guests who don't want to drink your Homebrew cos it's too flavoursome" :lol:
Walking through Dan's last week and I saw Hoegaarden on sale for $48/slab. Checked the used by date, then immediately grabbed it.
Wife then complained that I bought a beer with too much flavour.
No guests complained though, and for once, more commercial stuff went than my HB.

I'll save a stubbie for Merc's Witbier Vinegarette.

A friend of mine exports beer for sale in a different country and doesn't pay the AU govt. excise. I saw the distributor price list a couple of years ago. A case of Tooheys New stubbies was $9 - minimum order 500 cases. Kinda puts in perspetive how much the govt. are making out of the alcohol trade.

paid 38 dollars for one on fathers day at liqour land on special i think.

Back