Beer Line Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian ulrick

Reaction score
Going to use the celli flow adjustable taps but was seeking opinions on line ID. Ross sells 5mm and 6mm ID for the JG fittings. Which size should I order and why. Does it matter with this type of tap? Setting up a fridge and would like it to be spot on and I know I will get all the advice needed here. :) Thanks in advance Baldrick.

Use the spread sheet in setting up a balanced draft system.
I used 5mm id for lagers at 2.6 vol co2, 6mm for pommie ales at 1.9 vol co2 and over 4 metres in a coil for my wheat beers.
Up to you on how many regulatore, taps and styles you are useing.
Cheers

From the Craftbrewer site-These beautiful Italian taps are our flagship models, packed with features including built in adjustable flow regulator for the perfect pour. Pull forward to pour normally & push back to finish with a rich creamy head Perfect for stouts & low carbonated beers. All parts that come in contact with the beer are stainless steel.
Just install the shortest length of beer line between keg & tap, no need for metres of line trying to balance your beer & rid yourself of those annoying pockets of CO2 that collect in it.

My understanding is that line length is to be short as possible but does ID have any effect? Are these taps then suited to all styles of the liquid gold? Am I reading this all wrong? Take it easy on me as I'm new to this kegging idea. Baldrick

Less beer left sitting in the line the better IMO, so go the 8mmOD x 5mmID

cheers Ross

Back