Beer Line For Lancer Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Wilson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a Lancer T-bar font last week which I'm very happy with, everything looks in good order etc.

The only thing I need to sort out is running new lines. The beer lines have a plastic top moulded onto them that helps seal the whole lot together (I assume) after you slide the brass nut over the line and screw it into the adapter.

photo.JPG

Does anyone know what there are called or where to get them? I've had a search around and Lancer doesn't have anything on there website.

Worst comes to worst I was think of just splicing on new lines onto the existing part.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Mr W

Had the same question a number of years ago when I re-did my font lines. There is a tool for this, but I never got that far, and just managed to use a few things I had on hand to make it work. Needle nose pliers( perhaps a second pair as well, some really hot/boiling water, scissors, and whatever else I could find.

I took the little holed bead thing (forget the name of it) that you have in the line, cut that out of the old line and then super-heated the new line, shoved the bead thing in the new line, and used pliers and various other bits of stuff to form the new line into that molded shape. took a bit of patience, a few beers and some swearing, but managed to get it done.

good luck,

edit: also found this:link to another post, same thing

Thanks Maple

Sounds like I might be splicing!!! 3 of the 4 taps only have a couple of inches of line but it should be enough to work with.

Cheers

Mr W

That looks similar to what Andale have for their beer lines. I had to work it out when I got one of their guns. They are like an olive except the olive goes on the inside of the hose. Have a look on page 22 here http://www.andale.com.au/pdf/home_brew_catalogue.pdf They show a tool being used but I got mine on without it.

That 'plastic mould' is probably just the deformed flexmaster hose that has been compressed for years between the olive and the nut.

Best bet is to give your local Lancer a call. Most of their business is probably trade (eg contractors who service pub keg setups) so they don't really need the detailed website as those guys will be doing phone or counter sales.

krusty_oz is right, itsjust the end of the hose squashed.

Just putabout 1 cm of the hose into boiling water, then push the olive in, you dont needthe tool, just the end of a pen, the tip of some pointy pliers or even a Phillipshead screwdriver will work.

MHB

Thanks guys

HAd a good chat with the LHBS last night and we came to the same conclusion that it was just the line had been compressed.

I cut the olive out of one of the lines last night and it all looks good so I'll be able to get away with zero cost (other than the beer lines) which I'm happy about!

Cheers

Mr W

Latest posts

Back