Font Line Connectors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am replacing the font on my existing system with a new (2nd hand) flooded font. The existing system is balanced and performs well using 10mm OD beer line.

The new font seems to be setup to only allow 8mm OD beer line. The font incorporates screw in, push-fit connectors for the beer line connections. The attached images show the font and the connectors.

Does anyone know where I could get replacement screw in fittings suitable for 10mm OD line.

For various reasons I really do not want to replace the beer line.

Cheers,
Yoey

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_095318.jpg
    IMG_20200220_095318.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200220_095406.jpg
    IMG_20200220_095406.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • font.jpg
    font.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 48
Short answer is probably not!
That wouldn't solve your problem either, where you are going to run into trouble is where the lines go into the bottom of the font. There is usually a plate the line goes through, with a screw in seal and washer that presses down on an O-Ring around the outside of the tube sealing the outside of the tube and keeping the water that floods the font inside the font. Changing the tube size would mean remaking the plate and I have never seen one made for other than 4X7 or 5X8 tube.
Best answer will be to get yourself some reducing splices and join your existing lines under the font.
You are only talking about 500mm or so of 5X8 replacing 6X10 so you pressure drop wont be much, shouldn't be hard to keep your system balanced.
Mark

Short answer is probably not!
That wouldn't solve your problem either, where you are going to run into trouble is where the lines go into the bottom of the font. There is usually a plate the line goes through, with a screw in seal and washer that presses down on an O-Ring around the outside of the tube sealing the outside of the tube and keeping the water that floods the font inside the font. Changing the tube size would mean remaking the plate and I have never seen one made for other than 4X7 or 5X8 tube.
Best answer will be to get yourself some reducing splices and join your existing lines under the font.
You are only talking about 500mm or so of 5X8 replacing 6X10 so you pressure drop wont be much, shouldn't be hard to keep your system balanced.
Mark
Thanks Mark - I appreciate your advice!

Latest posts

Back