Beer Line Cleaning Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way i do it.

Fermentor with hot napisan in it. Unscrew the QD from the MFL connector and slip a bit of silicone tube over it kinda like this, but over the female thread. Just need a bigger ID hose than that shown;
Grav-feed.jpg

Then gravity feed through beer line and out tap. Simple.

Edit: will take some photos next time i do it.

Last couple of times I've done a quick line clean by doing something similar. A silcone hose fits tight to the end of the tap (out from fridge) and runs up to a high funnel which I pour hot water / napisan (later star san) through. QD is obviously off the keg and held low, tap held open and the cleaning liquid simply runs the reverse way through the line using gravity.

I know... it's piss easy and no stuffing about with extra fittings or vessels. Although in the same vein i have used my filter housing filler with a litre or 2 of napisan and then starsan for line cleaning.

I wouldn't mind getting my little brown pump recircing some hot solution through the beer lines either. Would be a nice set and forget for an hour solution.

I think the absolute best setup would be to have a container with multiple liquid posts that's hooked up to a pump somehow, and when you want to clean your lines you just hook all your disconnects up to that container and flick an on switch.

It should recirculate back into the container too obviously.

And then another one for rinsing without the recirc.

I put a litre or two of really hot sodium percarbonate in my kegs in between brews as part of my SOP as well as following this with a starsan dose to sanitise so a system like this would be of no tangible benefit in my case.

Well, looks like a great way to clean lines without having to empty kegs out of the fridge... etc

Might even mean it gets done more often!

I think I might be putting an order through to CHI sometime

Well, looks like a great way to clean lines without having to empty kegs out of the fridge... etc

Might even mean it gets done more often!

I think I might be putting an order through to CHI sometime

Just added the necessary parts to a CHI order I was doing :)

I used the firestone versions instead of cornelius as they were out of stock on cornelius adapters. Can't see that it would make a difference

Looking forward to not having to make up a cleaning keg and wasting C02 just to clean the lines :)

Just added the necessary parts to a CHI order I was doing :)

I used the firestone versions instead of cornelius as they were out of stock on cornelius adapters. Can't see that it would make a difference

Looking forward to not having to make up a cleaning keg and wasting C02 just to clean the lines :)

Here are some pictures of my version of Jacktar41's sprayer/cleaner/air pumper

IMG_3129.jpg

I chose to have the outlet tube be short, didn't want it getting in the way... this works great, except when you pump hot liquids the plastic flexs and the weight of the disconnect/post etc pulls it down and crimps it, meaning you then end up having to hold it straight.

So I wrapped the hose in pvc electrical tape to stiffen it and that did the trick :)

IMG_3305.jpg

This little device is great for washing kegs, just pump the pbw from one keg to the next to the next to the next etc (i often do 6 at a time), then pump the rinse water, then the starsan.

Also I use it to flush the keg fridge lines, while cleaning the disconnects too.

I also use it to flush my miracle keg (a small wooden barrel with a miracle coil in it). I can use this while camping, which is also a bonus.

You quickly go through a tank of C02 if you push pbw, water, then starsan through 9 kegs in a row! With this little pumper I no longer waste C02, and all is good :)

Latest posts

Back