Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dark Side (Tooheys Old clone)

Dark_Side.png

Imperial Stout brewed with 1kg Special B, Trappist High Grav. yeast and french oak chip aged for a month :)

black_hand.png

I quite like that, alkos. Stark and simple.

I've been toying with some ideas in my head for my own labels (even though I haven't even thought of a brewery name yet) and I can't get any of them to work in there - let alone on a computer. You might have changed my thinking somewhat. Cheers.

icon_beer.gif

:D

Yep. I can't get my head around the name for my kitchen brewing establishment either ;-)

How did you get the bacon? I've just done an ale with 60% Weyermann smoked and don't have nearly enough smoke, let alone pushing any cured meatiness.

I'm not looking to extend the handle into real life, thank you very much.

How did you get the bacon? I've just done an ale with 60% Weyermann smoked and don't have nearly enough smoke, let alone pushing any cured meatiness.

I haven't yet! Just tried Shenkerla Rauchbier Wheat yesterday and decided to clone it. 60% not enough you say? Hmmm, I thouht both weyermann and shenkerla are in Bamberg, so that would be the malt they use... Was yours fresh?

Sclenkerla smoke their own. They use Vienna malt and I understand Weyermann use a pilsner malt. Don't quote me on either - that is just my understanding. I've been told both do you beechwood for smoking though.

My rauchmalt might have had a little more to compete with in my darker ale than yours will in a wheatie so your results may be a little more aggressive than mine. Stick with your recipe if it is a proven clone.

Stick with your recipe if it is a proven clone.

Unfortunately, its imaginary clone at this stage :) I'll try 50% wheat + 50% smoked + WB-06 (pretty neutral for wheat yeast) and see how it goes :)

Man these labels are cool - especially the bitch slap IIPA. Still not been able to come up with a good logo for Browntown Brewery. Thinking of having the Brown crest in there somewhere.

That looks good ozziyob

Browntown Brewery. Thinking of having the Brown crest in there somewhere.

That looks good ozziyob

Something Mr Hanky related for your logo perhaps? :p

Cheers mate...still some ways to go with it.. there is a logo maker on the coopers website which are OK for something simple and which I must say inspired me to make my own.. [edit] and I mean JUST OK.. nothing special

as did this thread to begin with I might add... ;) Some crackers in here, it feels good to slap a label on if you are giving one away, and I always have one labelled in the crate so I know when they were bottled... sweet!

:icon_cheers:

Recent case swap effort - inspired by the label of the beer that inspired the beer (Young's special london ale)

EARLYIDEAS3WITHCOINSsmaller.jpg

Loving it Manticle... looks pro. You need to get the labels printed on clear plastic so its slightly transparent; would look top notch on a darker brew.

That actually looks pretty good for Word.
Cheers Bum. I found the centre text thingy finally, so it's a bit better... still fine tuning.

But I gotta say, everyone here is pushing the bar with the quality labels lately. Honestly OUTSTANDING!

I'm thinking of getting someone to print up a large (so... 1.5 foot diameter or so... I'm guessing here, I'll measure when it's important) version of my logo on a sticker to put on my keg fridge. Any ideas as to a good place to go? Preferably a place in SA so I can pick it up?

Back