Beer Label Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Would love to get some 'mega' labels done for ferm fridges etc..

BTW: nice avatar! ;)

yeah the biggest ones we would have are A4 labels but from memory they are oil resistant and all kinds of things [maybe i havent seen them for a few years but im sure they are still there]

There's a label maker on the Coopers site.

there are heaps of software to create your own I think I used gimp in linux but cant be 100% sure lol

i have 1 pack of heavy duty labels in stock at work retail is $50 for a pack of 25 A4 labels they are oil and splash resistant i think around 6 bottle labels would fit on a sheet then you would have to cut them out

i could get them for around $35 and a few dollars to post them or if in sydney id bring them to you.

i have 1 pack of heavy duty labels in stock at work retail is $50 for a pack of 25 A4 labels they are oil and splash resistant i think around 6 bottle labels would fit on a sheet then you would have to cut them out

i could get them for around $35 and a few dollars to post them or if in sydney id bring them to you.

I assume one would need a colour 'laser' printer to print waterproof labels?

My understanding is that inkjets are water based inks.

yes you are right these are laser labels id forgotten to check [see what a couple years on the road out of the store does to ya]

you could still print on them with an inkjet they wouldnt like water much though after that

might be an idea to go to a printer and ask them what it would cost to print your custom labels [price will vary depending on how many colours you have in the label]

I do things a bit different. I just bought some simple mailing address labels, like you sometimes see stuck to envelopes. They are not waterproof, but I print with a cheap laser (you can get them for like $50 from dick smith or wherever). They are waterproof enough to stand up to condensation, but wont survive washing.

Anyway, My main aim was to detail the recipe I used to make that batch so I can keep track of them. I've only just started using them, so I don't know how easy they are to peel, but if they don't peel, I'll just stick the new label over the old.

They do have a simple 2 tone black and white logo on them, as well as about 4 lines of text. They actually don't look that bad. certainly better than plain bottles.

btw, microsoft word has templates for labels (including avery) built in.

For $30.00 Warb will print you 100 labels on long life vinyl, done and dusted.

batz

D'oh!, schoolboy error. I bought some arched water resistant avery labels from OfficeWorks and used the Avery online templates to create the labels, which I was quite happy with, but the ink ran. Possibly because I used my inkjet to print them. Looks like I'll be printing them on the Laser printer at work from now on ;) .

Latest posts

Back