Beer Label Software

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benchick

Reaction score
Just looking at making up some beer bottle and font tap decal holder labels. anyone have any tips on which software is best to use?

Just looking at making up some beer bottle and font tap decal holder labels. anyone have any tips on which software is best to use?

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Available on the internet... if you know how it works... :ph34r: There are a couple of online label makers though... google will be your friend

Read through the label thread, alot of people mention what software they use

There are free alternatives

Photoshop = GIMP

Illustrator = inkscape

if done with vector graphics via inkscape/illustrator they can better be scaled and won't be as restrictive.

there is an online one that lets you create a label and then you pay them to make it for you and post them to you. only problem for them is when you have finished they show you a sample picture which has not got sample stamped all over it therefore its just a right click "save as" type thing. not really an honest thing to do though is it...

excellent, will chase down that thread, have adobe already and havnt had much luck with it for photos etc, their are a couple on the net which i found after a quick search, one was called the labeller and the other one was label maker 2.15 or something. not much info other than that on those ones.

There are free alternatives

Photoshop = GIMP

Illustrator = inkscape

if done with vector graphics via inkscape/illustrator they can better be scaled and won't be as restrictive.
ok just downloading gimp, will give that a try

THIS website has some pre created labels, some good ones, that you can add your own writing to.
You add your own writing, save the picture, create the correct size ( I use paint.net), print, and label created.

That is if you don't want to use software.

YB

As far as I'm concerned you just cant beat Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator I use them to make all my labels

Franko

adobe photoshop is what the wife used, different layers for colour of class and name and type.
As far as I'm concerned you just cant beat Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator I use them to make all my labels

Franko

Mentioned before i had adobe, but it wasnt photoshop, it was another one, my mistake, anyways, tried to download gimp and no luck, was running too slow so got inkscape instead. seems like a capable program considering its free, just going to take a good sit down to work it all out. photoshop and the like are quiet pricey, too pricey for what i want to do, sussed out the label makers on the other web sites, not bad but not what i was looking for. seems that this inkscape, photoshop and similar programs etc would all take a fair amount of time to work out but should look the goods once finished. fingers crossed.

anyone have info on the actual label itself...( not the design)

Can you get waterproof stickers from somewhere like officeworks that you just run through the printer at home??

anyone have info on the actual label itself...( not the design)

Can you get waterproof stickers from somewhere like officeworks that you just run through the printer at home??

Im looking for the same thing. Ive designed my labels but need some software thats going to allow me to print to water proof labels all lined up correctly. I know avery do that sort of thing, anyone used avery labels and their software for beer labels?

Are there any other choices? I didnt really find anything on this in the labels thread.

My wifes family is Mauritian and we have 35 family members coming over for boxing day. The wife wants me to put labels on my otherwise plain brown bottles of beer....sorry OUR plain brown bottles of beer... :rolleyes:

i've printed some on plain paper and used oversize bits of the clear sticky back film the kids use on their school books.
Plastic bottles, 'hand washwd' its been through a few cycles now and holding up ok

hey guys i know this thread is getting old, but i work for a office choice dealer and i know avery make heavy duty labels designed to go on 44 gallon drums and shipping containers and things like tha,t i get everything at cost but i know they are not cheap, i will get prices and see how many variants we have in stock [if we have any at all, i was the storeman there for years now im the delivery driver and have no idea what is thereand will let you all know tomorrow

hey guys i know this thread is getting old, but i work for a office choice dealer and i know avery make heavy duty labels designed to go on 44 gallon drums and shipping containers and things like tha,t i get everything at cost but i know they are not cheap, i will get prices and see how many variants we have in stock [if we have any at all, i was the storeman there for years now im the delivery driver and have no idea what is thereand will let you all know tomorrow

Cool! Would love to get some 'mega' labels done for ferm fridges etc..

BTW: nice avatar! ;)

Latest posts

Back