Beer For Swmbo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6tri6ple6

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive got my 15th wedding anniversary coming up in febuary and i was thinking of brewing a beer for SWMBO. She is generally not interested in my brewing but will be happy to help out whenever asked, so i thought id brew her something that she will think is amazing for our anniversary just to say thanx for everything. She's generally not a beer drinker but will occasionally have the odd one or 2. Any ideas on what has worked for you guys before? Im sort of almost thinking something strong so we can dig it out every year and have a bottle or 3.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Richard

I'd go a Tripel. I'm not sure what your SWMBO's tastes are like, but I've found a lot of non beer drinkers tend to be very in to big fruity belgian yeast profiles.

I'd go a Tripel. I'm not sure what your SWMBO's tastes are like, but I've found a lot of non beer drinkers tend to be very in to big fruity belgian yeast profiles.

not a bad idea on the tripel. She doesnt like a real "beery" beer. However, she likes belgian blond that i do quite frequently.

This isn't a dark or heavy beer but even lady friends that don't drink beer will have a glass or 2 of it. Very refreshing.

I have changed it a bit since putting it in the Recipe DB using Galaxy instead of NS and leaving out the Passionfruit in secondary. Still has a Passionfruit hit from the galaxy hops. Making some more next month ready for Summer.

Drew

This isn't a dark or heavy beer but even lady friends that don't drink beer will have a glass or 2 of it. Very refreshing.

I have changed it a bit since putting it in the Recipe DB using Galaxy instead of NS and leaving out the Passionfruit in secondary. Still has a Passionfruit hit from the galaxy hops. Making some more next month ready for Summer.

Drew

which recipe was that?

What about a Kriek or frambois if she doesn't mind the belgians?........ and its pink!

You've been married for 15 years, tell her to brew her own!

QldKev

Cider is always an easy win with the ladies, you don't even have to brew, just ferment. Chuck in raspberry or vanilla etc.. to take it the next level, or maybe pear. Ladies just seem to love the cider.

might just be me...but my wife doesnt overly like beer either, will have a pale lager, corona..ish brew here and there,

but no way I would even consider brewing her a beer for our anniversary....brew a beer for yourself and buy her something she likes......

unless your happy to keep it at 15 years of marriage.

Definitely not going to be a good one to age and romantically partake in each year during fits of passion, but my wife loves a good Hefeweizen.
She doesn't like many bigger styles, but she will make small, funny noises as she sips her way through the mild tartness of a banana and clove hefe. :icon_cheers:
Cheers.

Just take her out for dinner..How about a Golden Ale plenty of fruit flavour..my 30 year old daughter loves it

Drew

which recipe was that?

Crap! I must have been having a bad day.
Hummingbird Lager

Bullshead Wit Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a summer hit with the ladies!!!
:icon_chickcheers:

Sly bugger.
Slide a few 7-9% tripels across the table to some non beer drinking ladies..

..nudge, nudge, wink, wink..

Nudge1.jpg

My wife likes the koelsh i just made. Very light and easy drinking.

Latest posts

Back