Beer-brined Bbq Chicken

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildschwein,
Tried this the other night with some of my stout, no bay leaves, chilli, garlic and chicken legs.
Went into the oven on a rack so it was beer brined oven chicken but was great stuff.
Thanks for the recipe and I will try it on the BBQ this weekend. One lot with dark beer and one lot with pale beer as per the original recipe.

l_1d5175abbd11391c650ad71b948af01b.jpg

Chicken legs in the brine. Sorry no cooked pics as it did not last long.

- Luke

Looks great. Nice work; glad you like the concept.

That's wicked Andrew, I'm really glad it worked out for ya! Yeah the barbie is good but not essential. In fact, like I said above, the smoked paprika is good for imparting a smoked taste without the need for a barbie.

Hi WS where do you buy your smoked paprika from in Perth, I know it is pretty much an essential ingredient in making chorizo sausages as well.

Hi WS where do you buy your smoked paprika from in Perth, I know it is pretty much an essential ingredient in making chorizo sausages as well.

Hey ausdb go to Woolworths. They have one in their generic/homebrand spice range. Just go to the herb and spice section and you'll find it there. Coles stocks it too but its a Masterfoods or McCormicks product I think - it's also in the herb and spice section.

WS - made this on Saturday. Followed the ingredients to the T including the 10 beers. Was unfortunately too pissed to eat it....fell asleep. The wife enjoyed it :D
Cheers
Steve

WS - made this on Saturday. Followed the ingredients to the T including the 10 beers. Was unfortunately too pissed to eat it....fell asleep. The wife enjoyed it :D
Cheers
Steve

Heh heh. Classic.

Hey WS
Just wanted to post and say thanks very much for sharing this recipe with us all, it has now become one of my favourite bbq specialties on the trusty old weber along with some chunks of hickory for added smokiness. I have tried it with homebrew of various styles and commercial beer and found that it doesn't make much difference to the end result, it is always good. In future I am going to try a bit less sugar in the brine to tone down the "hammy" flavour but as GL said at my place the other night "hammy" plus smoke is good!

Just made this for dinner.... bloody fantastic.

Tonight's Beer Brined chicken (brined in a Belgian Pale I had left over after kegging). Cooked it up on the webber... -

IMG_0638.jpg

Sorry.. I was a little slow with the camera.

Picture tells it all really.

Cheers
Dave

Tonight's Beer Brined chicken (brined in a Belgian Pale I had left over after kegging). Cooked it up on the webber... -

View attachment 18448

Sorry.. I was a little slow with the camera.

Picture tells it all really.

Cheers
Dave

:lol: did you turn the webber on? Its a bit pink? My wife'd ave a fit if I served anything up like that ? :p
Cheers
Steve

:lol: did you turn the webber on? Its a bit pink? My wife'd ave a fit if I served anything up like that ? :p
Cheers
Steve

Maybe that's why it was a bit chewy...

Actually the meat was pretty much falling off the bones. I suspect the pink is more due to the camera than the cooking...

Cheers
Dave

Here is the lazy redneck way to cook beer chicken (this guy cracks me up):

although the St Louis style spare ribs look the goer.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back