Beer Brewing Equipment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so much bloody good info guys haha....i had a fair idea of the "little bottler" as my oldman did use one and i googled it....makes it easier to bottle the brew between the fermenter and the beer bottle(and stops the air from getting into the stubbie) and the whole keg thing...kinda feel stupid asking about what it meant...i should have known....just wont be using a keg as ill be filling my stubbies straight from the fermenter and storing them in the cupboard in the laundry or do you guys think its ok to store home brew in a garage on shelving or that too dusty??

I think from the first post i made...ive picked plenty of info that will help me to start pretty shortly.
And the steps i need to do are......first wash the equipment i have (and put my shelving up in the garage for the home brew kit) then put all the ingredients for the brew into both fermenters and write down what ive done during the process, wrap the fermenters in a towel or try and keep them at a constant temp..not sure what to do for the next part up until i bottle the brew....bottling should be easy enough and capping should be ok.....one thing i forgot to mention is that im going to be getting free stubbies...my mother in law works at a pub and im going to be getting all the empty stubbies from her...which will save me heaps...sorry about such a long reply....just had ideas and things to say about what im gonna do

Dust will not hurt bottles once capped and even the fermenters will be fine as they're sealed. If concerned use an old sheet or something as a cover.

You will find people have mixed feelings about stubbies, i think they're great to bottle into as a lot of the time don't feel like a whole longy.

One thing i do find helpful is bottle one or two into the plastic coopers long necks available from k-mart etc to help monitor carbonation.
You simply give it a squeeze, if its still soft and been a week or two you know to get it somewhere warmer.

also regarding home brewing....for the purpose of 'storing' my equipment whilst its in use...i had put up shelving but its useless....does anyone have or getting rid of a smallish table big enough for 2 fermenters and equipment....would like it to maybe have draws but not fussed...or adjustable garage shelving if someone doesnt need it.....anyone willing to give it up or sell it...100% for home brew purposes haha....i would love to take it or buy it off someone...let me know please as i want to start brewing very soon.

CHeers guys.

Back