Beer/brewery Names

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the past couple of years I've put together a list of Aussie/Ocker names to use when searching for a beer or brewery name, not categorised in a DB as yet so only way to find one is to search through the list. Find it a good starting place when looking for inspiration. My brewery name comes from my grandfather who was a police inspector, used to have his initials embroidered on the pocket of his white work shirts.

Good Day

The Old Garage Brewery

Stone House Brewery

Because I live in house...and it is stone.

We are inundated by spiders at the moment, so I've taken to giving all my beers Spidery type names 9e.g. Orb Weaver Porter, St Andrews Cross ESB...)

Was done a little while ago;

I swear I used the search function looking for "name" in the title of a thread and found nothing! Now I know why, there is 2 threads discussing this with the word "named" in it. I shoulda looked harder.

Anyways...

Theres some good names here, I'm quite impressed. Now I just have to finalise my own name. I have a vision in my head, but just don't have the artistic ability to pull it off.

Legless Brewing Company, Legless Brewery.

Describes me after a good session and also the first 3 letters of the Suburb we live in.

The Fulchester United Brewing Company

its a VIZ thing.

Every beer having a name very loosely based on a Profanisuarus entry.

RM

I've settled on the Hesperia Brewery/Hesperian beer for mine - Hesperian meaing "looking westward" - and it was what Perth was going to be called until some wad decided to try to coddle up to Lord Perth for some "patronage" ...

"KEYSERS FOUR SKINS BREWING CO"
beer brewed with balls

dicky name, but a bit funny! a play on words

"KEYSERS FOUR SKINS BREWING CO"
beer brewed with balls

dicky name, but a bit funny! a play on words

haha. I like it. Although I dunno if I wanna be thinking about foreskin when i'm drinking beer. haha.

Do you mean Keyser Sze? As in from The Usual Suspects? Coz I had considered that too. PLus it has umlauts! haha. :D

Or did you mean something else and i'm missing the pronunciation?

Your interpretation is correct (i.e. The Usual Suspects) and pronunciation is the same or at least similar to Sze. However, "Sauc" (Pron:"Saws-ey") being a play on words for alcoholic beverages. i.e. "Being on the sauce". :party:

ATOMT :)

"I Lk Chickn Brewhas"

I like the umlauts, works for Mtrhead and Norgen-Vasz (and of course, the best of all, Hagen!!! )

perhaps a name in hieroglyphics so that nobody can pronounce it, as a point of difference

or you can get plenty of good ideas from spam subject lines (you can even sell bogus pills on the side):

b1gger pen1s in only 3 weeks brewery

my handclap you wardrobe brewery

save up to 70% on c1al1s. rift. culminate brewery

or you can be the first brewery in the phonebook
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1 aardwolf Brewery

Your interpretation is correct (i.e. The Usual Suspects) and pronunciation is the same or at least similar to Sze. However, "Sauc" (Pron:"Saws-ey") being a play on words for alcoholic beverages. i.e. "Being on the sauce". :party:

ATOMT :)

Ah, now I follow. It has potential. I think I almost have too many ideas now!

"I Lk Chickn Brewhas"

I like the umlauts, works for Mtrhead and Norgen-Vasz (and of course, the best of all, Hagen!!! )
Yeah I like it too. Suits well, gives everything a distinctly German feel. Which is good when it comes to beer!

or you can get plenty of good ideas from spam subject lines (you can even sell bogus pills on the side):

b1gger pen1s in only 3 weeks brewery

my handclap you wardrobe brewery

save up to 70% on c1al1s. rift. culminate brewery

or you can be the first brewery in the phonebook
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1 aardwolf Brewery
HAHAHAHA. Now these are funny ideas. I particularly like the first one. I can work the subliminal angle. I'll be very popular. All the guys will want b1gger pen1s beer!

What about

Keyser Sauc Brewhaus:Dont F%$# with it.

Or maybe just

Keyser Sauc Brewhaus: Not to be trifled with.

Keyser Sauc Brewhaus: It will F%$# you up.

Keyser Sauc Brewhaus: Be Afraid.

Keyser Sauc Brewhaus: Deceptively Dangerous.

Love that film.

ATOMT

If you're from the Welsh town of llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch you could possibly name your brewery the llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Brewery? :blink:

Would be hard to fit into logos though. :rolleyes:

Warren -

If you're from the Welsh town of llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch you could possibly name your brewery the llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Brewery? :blink:

Would be hard to fit into logos though. :rolleyes:

Warren -

How do you pronounce that using Phonetics?

that's "Lima Lima Alpha November Foxtrot Alpha India Romeo Papa Whiskey Lima Lima Golf Whiskey Yankee November Golf Yankee Lima Lima Golf Oscar Golf Echo Romeo Yankee Charlie Hotel Whiskey Yankee Romeo November Delta Romeo Oscar Bravo Whiskey Lima Lima Lima Lima Alpha November Tango Yankee Sierra India Lima India Oscar Golf Oscar Golf Oscar Golf Oscar Charlie Hotel" if you need to call an ambulance

Latest posts

Back