Beer/brewery Names

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perhaps a name in hieroglyphics so that nobody can pronounce it, as a point of difference

OK, in that case, mine is 富ヶ谷粗大ごみブルーイングカンパニー

hmm...let's see how long it takes someone to crack this mysterious code.. :ph34r: .

that's "Lima Lima Alpha November Foxtrot Alpha India Romeo Papa Whiskey Lima Lima Golf Whiskey Yankee November Golf Yankee Lima Lima Golf Oscar Golf Echo Romeo Yankee Charlie Hotel Whiskey Yankee Romeo November Delta Romeo Oscar Bravo Whiskey Lima Lima Lima Lima Alpha November Tango Yankee Sierra India Lima India Oscar Golf Oscar Golf Oscar Golf Oscar Charlie Hotel" if you need to call an ambulance

Or see Daffyd the only gay man in the village. :lol:

Warren -

daffyd_narrowweb__300x414_0.jpg

How do you pronounce that using Phonetics?

Actually dont worry........Im good.

I found out how here

further more, if you were from Thailand and the village Krungthepmahanakornamornratanakosinmahintarayutthayamahadilokphopnop- paratrajathaniburiromudomrajaniwesmahasatharnamornphimarnavatarnsathit- sakkattiyavisanukamprasit. you should probably call your brewery "The Love you long name Brewery"

ATOMT

I've actually been contemplating changing mine from Craphaus to Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis due to excessive inhaling of silica dust. :blink:

Warren -

OK, in that case, mine is 富ヶ谷粗大ごみブルーイングカンパニー

hmm...let's see how long it takes someone to crack this mysterious code.. :ph34r: .

Wealth valley bulky refuse blueing company ????
OK that's a Babel Fish Translation :p

Wealth valley bulky refuse blueing company ????
OK that's a Babel Fish Translation :p

Yeah, well, that's getting there. The correct rendering shouldn't translate it though, just roman representation of the Japanese words. Here's a Google clue ... Jim Breen

I still don't get it :blink:

富ヶ谷 【とみがや】 Tomigaya (p) NA
粗大ごみ 【そだいごみ】 (n) (1) oversize garbage; bulky rubbish; (2) (slang for) husband; ED
ブルーインパルス (n) Blue Impulse; ED [Partial Match!]
カンパニー (n) company; (P); EP

Yeah, well, that's getting there. The correct rendering shouldn't translate it though, just roman representation of the Japanese words. Here's a Google clue ... Jim Breen

Wow what a resource !
OK I had a try via this and got
富ヶ谷粗大ごみブルーインカンパニー
  • 富ヶ谷 【とみがや】 Tomigaya (p) NA
  • 粗大ごみ 【そだいごみ】 (n) (1) oversize garbage; bulky rubbish; (2) (slang for) husband; ED
  • ブルーインパルス (n) Blue Impulse; ED [size=-1][Partial Match!][/size]
  • カンパニー (n) company; (P); EP
Hmmm I'm completely confused now !

I still don't get it :blink:

富ヶ谷 【とみがや】 Tomigaya (p) NA
粗大ごみ 【そだいごみ】 (n) (1) oversize garbage; bulky rubbish; (2) (slang for) husband; ED
ブルーインパルス (n) Blue Impulse; ED [Partial Match!]
カンパニー (n) company; (P); EP

OK, I overlooked the fact that Breen only gives the hiragana spelling. So with Peas & Corn getting the brewing company, it becomes:

Tomigaya Sodaigomi Brewing Company

Tomigaya is the locality in which our brewery is located (it is my friend's office). His office is beset by, how can I say this politely, a certain amount of sodai gomi (bulky rubbish -- like you throw out on council cleanup day). I had forgotten that sodai gomi is slang for husband ... that works too, for both of us :D :D as does the fact that the brewing company itself could be considered sodai gomi.

Unfortunately here there is no easy way to get rid of sodai gomi ... you usually have to pay for it to be taken away. No such thing as council cleanups. So our brewery thrives amongst the sodai gomi...is sodai gomi ... is defined by sodai gomi ... occasionally produces sodai gomi ...

Ok, now it makes sense....sodai gomi = sh.t :D

What da 本サイトでは、そのブルーインパルスが得意としている各演技の解説と壁紙サイズの高解像度写真、そして動きを理解するための動画をそろえております。特に晴天時に行われる第一区分と呼ばれるプログラムの写真・解説・動画は全て用意しております。
航空祭でのブルーインパルスの展示は僅かに30分。楽しいひと時はあっという間に終わってしまいます。このサイトを通じ、あの感動を鮮やかによみがえらせる事が出来るならば、製作者としてこれ以上の幸せはありません。
また、ブルーインパルスを実際に見たことが無い、もしくは知らないでたまたま通りがかった方々が、これをきっかけにブルーインパルスに興味を持ち、エアショーに足を運んでっていただける事を祈っ :beerbang: :blink: :ph34r:

Warren -

I got a little lost with that one, but it seems to highlight discrepencies between the marital union of his parents at the time of his conception :ph34r:

Just joshing :D

I came up with "Tankleys Brewery".

Some how my wife let me name my son "Franklin" after Frank the Tank in the Will Ferrell movie "Old School". Therefore Tankleys is derived from Frank the Tank.

One of our sister companies looks after a trademark/patents database so I got a mate to search and no one has trademarked the name. I'm toying with registering the name for a laugh, although it would depend on cost.

I like the sound of Imperial Brewing Co, but considering America's fascination with Imperial brews I'd wager it has already been applied to many brewing operations in every state over there. If I everWhen I eventually start a brewery I'll have to build it somewhere with a cool name, so it can name it something like "Mt Grandsworth Imperial Brewing Co." or "Twinkling Valley Imperial Brewing Co.".

When I was living in Melbourne last year, a housemate and I made the following label for about a hundred or so bottles I brewed for the third annual "Seabyfest" music festival that they hold in their living room:

beertn0.jpg

Obviously they call me Crowbar... maybe I'll have to work that into my brewery name too. The rest of the label is pretty much one giant in-joke. (The photo isn't of me.)

How does "Crowbar's Fort Noblesby Imperial Brewing Co." sound?

ILC, how's about something along these lines:

Umlauts-1.jpg

Thanks ST. Something simple like that would be good. It's easy (and cheap) to replicate for bottles and stubbies etc. Although I don't know if I could go back to that after using the kegs now! Cheers for taking the time. I will have a play around with it on the weekend.

I came up with "Tankleys Brewery".

Some how my wife let me name my son "Franklin" after Frank the Tank in the Will Ferrell movie "Old School". Therefore Tankleys is derived from Frank the Tank.

One of our sister companies looks after a trademark/patents database so I got a mate to search and no one has trademarked the name. I'm toying with registering the name for a laugh, although it would depend on cost.

I like that Franklin story, thats commitment! I love that movie! Tankleys is a good name for a brewery. It sounds like a proper British brewery, but also has that drunken fun sound (tanked).

brendanos - You are right, Imperial does work with almost anything! Even Crowbar's Fort Noblesby Imperial Brewing Co. haha. Gives it all an official sound. It sounds big too, and old. All usually good things when it comes to a brewery.

Back