Been out of the game for a while - Hop Method advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwishiwasonholidays

Reaction score
Getting back into it after a while due to time restraints, so apologies for asking a relatively simple question, just don't want to start back up with a shocker.
Picked up a simple kit recipe from the country brewer for a 150 lashes clone.

The finishing hops are 12g of centennial and amarillo, and online they suggest an infusion method and adding these hops to the fermenter before the yeast.
Previously when I have attempted this, the end result turned out to be quite a bitter tasting brew, and I am just after some other opinions as to when to add/ how long to add these hops to the brew, to save me making the same mistake twice.

If anyone has previously made this country brewer clone, some advice would be extremely helpful.

Cheers,

I wouldn't be adding them before the yeast, I would try 3 days into fermentation, otherwise you will lose a lot of aroma through the vigorous venting of CO2, some hop compounds are not soluble in water but are in ethanol.

Cheers for this, think I'm going to take your advice and add them around the 4 day mark...
Had a mate give me the same advice.

Hopefully turns out well

Back