Quantcast

Bavarian Weizen

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

barrel01

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Getting ready to keg my first ever fresh wort kit Weizen and just have a couple of questions regarding correct carbonation for this style.

Compared to the ales I am used to where I set the reg at 12 PSI and forget about it, my lines are balanced well at this level. Does the Weizen need to be a lot higher, and how will that effect the pour?

If I carbonate it higher and then turn the reg back to serving pressure won't the keg just equalise at 12psi over time?

Thanks in advance for the help.

gjn200

Reaction score
I serve mine at 12psi too. Correct? Don't know and don't particularly care. It seems to work fine. I don't think it is a gassy beer anyway. The first glass out of the keg is interesting!

barrel01

Reaction score
The kit was from Grain and Grape. Been using their fresh wort kits for the best part of a year as I don't have the time for all grain. Not had a bad one yet

barrel01

Reaction score
Ok all,

The Weizen has fermented out. Being my first one just quick question. Being and wheat beer, should I cold condition it like my ales or due to it's cloudy nature just cool it down and keg it?

tazman1967

Reaction score
No need to condition. Just keg, gas and drink. Thats one of the advantages of brewing a Wheat, from ferment to glass..very quick.

Latest posts