Basic Brewhouse Efficency Calculator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westo

Reaction score
Hey guys

got bored at work the other day so i made this calculator based of calculations i found on John Palmers website. as i have just made the leap to AG thought id make something to help me out, i relise that software like beer Smith has this option but thought id make it anyway.

If anyone is interested in trying it let me know if it is close to the mark or if i need to adjust the calculations, well anyway hope it might be of some use to other new comers to AG Brewing

Cheers

Westo

View attachment Brewhouse.xls

Nice idea, although I use BeerSmith which, as you note, does it for me.

However, for others, can you change the PPG (points per gallon) to its metric equivalent?

Be good if you could enter your grain types in to get the true efficiency.

warra48 said:
Nice idea, although I use BeerSmith which, as you note, does it for me.

However, for others, can you change the PPG (points per gallon) to its metric equivalent?
Just Added a PPKGPL(Points Per Kilo per Litre) field...

QLDKev thanks for the input if i can get a list of all the grains in Aus with the points then i can add a database i had already thought about that. will post a better version soon.

thanks

Ok So i have tried my best to implement what was suggested and have come up with Version 2 :) i have tested it against BeerSmith and it seems accurate to about .01 - .02% so thats close enough to me.

If anyone wants to test it out and let me know what they think,,, ie any errors i may of over looked and ill fix it otherwise enjoy and hope it helps anyone that doesn't own any Brewing Software.

At the moment the Grain List is Limited if anyone can help me out with where to find a list of all the grains(including all the aussie ones) with there potential OG then ill update the list.

cheers

View attachment Brewhouse.zip

Latest posts

Back