Barleyman Mid-week Madness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonnir - it finishes this Sunday 31st at midnight :)

Nick R said:
jonnir - it finishes this Sunday 31st at midnight :)
Hey Nick - I'm going to sound like a pedant here, but I assume you mean 1 minute after 1159pm on Sunday?
That is actually Midnight Monday. Midnight is the start of a new day, not the end.

Or, do you mean midnight Sunday, as in anything purchased on Sunday does not qualify?

mckenry said:
Hey Nick - I'm going to sound like a pedant here, but I assume you mean 1 minute after 1159pm on Sunday?
That is actually Midnight Monday. Midnight is the start of a new day, not the end.

Or, do you mean midnight Sunday, as in anything purchased on Sunday does not qualify?
Per the NIST, midnight can be either the start or end of a day.

Nice and clear then

Blind Dog said:
Per the NIST, midnight can be either the start or end of a day.

Nice and clear then
I knew someone would bring this up :p
I work in the hydrometric industry, which is all about data recording collection.
What you elude to is whether midnight is 24:00 or 00:00
24:00 would make it yesterday and 00:00 makes it today.

It is globally accepted by data analysts in the monitoring world, that 24:00 doesnt actually exist in practice. (Your watch or clock will never show it) Therefore 00:00 is midnight and also the first instant of the new day.

Pedantic, I know and in practice most people use it as the last second of the day. When it comes to blingy brew buckets it MIGHT matter :D

Mattwa said:
:icon_offtopic: While we're being pedants mckenry, I believe the the word you are looking for is "allude" :p .
Yes, you are correct.

That got more technical than it needed I feel!

But to remind everyone, we have a DOUBLE BANGER mid-week madness going on.

Everyone who orders more than $30 worth of product (excluding shipping) before 23:59:59 Saturday night.... srsly mckenry, it doesn't have the same ring to it....is eligible to win a SS Brewtech Brewbucket!

AND

Anyone in NSW who buys a SS Brewtech 7 Gal Chronical gets free shipping!

So Sunday is NOT included :) ??
I've really fzkced this up for you sorry hahaha

I'm in. Order placed. I dont deserve to win a brew bucket after the sh1t I've caused......
But I'm gonna keep it ;)

I'm absolutely befuddled now. Could someone convert the cut-off time to trekkie format?

mckenry said:
So Sunday is NOT included :) ??
I've really fzkced this up for you sorry hahaha
Wait - what? My bad.

OK!

23:59:59 on SUNDAY. The cusp between Sunday and Monday.

Just a bump for the last day of madness for this week. Order before 23:59:59 tonight or 1409497199 in Unix Epoch time (thanks Mattwa) and spend more than $30 not including shipping, and you'll go in the hat to win a SS Brewtech Brewbucket!

The madness concludes!

The winner of the shiny SS Brewtech BrewBucket, as drawn by the guy from the kitchen fabricator next door and confirmed by the winner's unparalleled skill in answering a trivia question, is forum user pat86!

He will receive his BrewBucket on the 15th September, shipped to his nominated address. Thank you to everyone who ordered over the last few weeks, and I hope to run something similar in the near future!

pat come on down and say a few words when you can.

In the mean time, keep watch for this week's mid-week madness, announced Wednesday.

Congrats pat! Great competition nick!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nick & guys! Hopefully the shiny addition to my set up will improve my beers exponentially!

Can't wait to pop down and I should probably bring along an extra bottle of my finest for the bloke next door too :)

Back