Barleyman Mid-week Madness

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, for shipping to Newcastle, whats the weight/package size for
- Fastway Couriers - Courier Shorthaul $13.53

e.g. Ordering a few recipes worth of milled ingredients in separate bags

Hi mate, that price is good for up to 25kg. The website will work out the pricing for you automagically too.

Nick R said:
barls, I'll be dropping by in the morning - but I need to be back in town by 1pm, so I won't be staying too long.
cool good to hear. ill see you there. may order some yeast and put in a note.
make sure u find me as ive got something you will enjoy as a bday present be it late.

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to it :)

If you're ordering for Saturday morning, get it in before 2 on Friday, as I knock off early.

This post was buried a bit, so I'm bumping for those who don't read threads backwards...

As it was my birthday Tuesday, I've decided to give a lucky person a present. From yesterday until midnight Sunday 31st August, make a purchase over $30 (not including freight) and go in to a draw to win an SS Brewing Technologies BrewBucket Fermenter!

We'll put the orders into a hat and have a third party draw it, with the announcement of the winner on our website and via email and here in this thread.

One entry per customer :)

Good luck and happy brewing!

Order in, I like the option to have differet bagged orders for different recipes.

Thanks Pierre! Your order has winged off with the courier minutes ago :)

Good luck!

Hi Nick, can I just check that you are definitely out of WLP 007 ?

The last one I got from someone (not you) had a piss poor date and only 20% viability. It's going to take forever to step up to the 478B cells I need.
Nobody seems to have stocks unfortunately.

Sorry, definitely no 007 - it seems popular this week for some reason!

I do have a full range of English yeasts available though. If you really need the high attenuation, you could always blend with something like WLP099, or even use WLP099 by itself, English yeast, malt forward and >80% attenuation.

All ready to go for the courier pickup Wilko!

Just confirming - I put a bag of malt in the shopping cart and shipping was $11.75 to Orange (2800) for Australia Post standard. Is this right? Seems too good to be true.

Nick R said:
Sorry, definitely no 007 - it seems popular this week for some reason!

I do have a full range of English yeasts available though. If you really need the high attenuation, you could always blend with something like WLP099, or even use WLP099 by itself, English yeast, malt forward and >80% attenuation.
Thanks for checking mate. 007 has the high flocc./high attenuation/med-high alc. combo I'm after for a 1.12 OG RIS. But the 099 blend is a good idea !

I'll be able to bottle condition after all, instead of farting around CP filling bottles from a keg.

I'm going to pitch the ~200B I have on a smaller beer, then rinse and reuse the cake, adding in a vial of 099.

An order is imminent.

Cheer, Dan

That doesn't sound right. Aus Post won't carry the bags, as they are over 22kg. I can courier them for $21.89 to Orange.

Nick R said:
Thanks Pierre! Your order has winged off with the courier minutes ago :)

Good luck!
Top drawer service Nick. Arrived around 9'ish this morning, love the nifty little mini esky the yeast came in. B)

order in... have to say you're ordering system is quite good compared to the couple of other websites I searched grain for... :icon_cheers:

Thanks SBOB! Got it here and it will go out Monday morning.

Good luck for the BrewBucket!

As a reminder:

As it was my birthday Tuesday, I've decided to give a lucky person a present. From yesterday until midnight Sunday 31st August, make a purchase over $30 (not including freight) and go in to a draw to win an SS Brewing Technologies BrewBucket Fermenter!

We'll put the orders into a hat and have a third party draw it, with the announcement of the winner on our website and via email and here in this thread.

One entry per customer :)

Good luck and happy brewing!

Nick R said:
Thanks SBOB! Got it here and it will go out Monday morning.

Good luck for the BrewBucket!
You can just include the BrewBucket when you send the order if you want to save some $ on shipping ;)

Latest posts

Back