Bacon Explosion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:)

So for my recent birthday I had the love of my life SWMBO conjure me up a meal that i have been having fantastical dreams of for a while now :icon_drool2:

Something that would be an epic undertaking not only to create but also to consume.

Fellow brewers and lovers of food, i present, the Bacon Explosion (Aussie Style)

http://eaterofsouls.blogspot.com/2011/07/e...-explosion.html

I certainly enjoyed it :icon_cheers:

I just showed that to the wife............who declared it "disgusting".................Damn people who were raised by vegos.

I like "(salad optional)".
You don't win friends with salad

Chris

Ive been told by the chef its a once a year thing, but im angling for another one for a mates bday coming up soon. Then off to docs for a artery flush and reset ;)

Its all natural products, nothing plasticy or forged from ether.
It also has a warning at the top for peoples of that persuasion ;)

Oh, I am entirely wanting one myself.........I think it will be on a day when she isn't home.

That could possibly be the most awesome food stuff ever!

If ate like that everyday you won't make it to your next birthday though... :blink:

I made a similar thing called a fatty.

1kg of pork sausages, remove mince from casings.
Rolled it out into a square about 25cm x 25cm and 1/2" thick.
Get 1/2 an onion, 1/2 a green capsicum, a few jalapeno's and finely dice them up.
Lay the above onto half of the the pork meat square leaving about a 1/2 inch gap around the edges, then fold over the square and press down the sides to make a "loaf" of sorts.
Then I basted it with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.
Then I wrapped the whole shebang with bacon rashes.

Then smoked it @110C for 1 1/2 hours.

Slice & eat. mmmmm.

Sorry, got no pictures...

219.jpg

↑↑ Bacon Rules - Love it :lol: :lol:

Gotta make me a Bacon explosion - can feel the arteries hardening already

Back