Babbs Murray's Craft Brewery Visit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can I say......an Awesome day... :beerbang:

The whether was perfect, locals taxied us to and from the airport. Thanks boys - very much appreciated.

35 or so brewers showed up from the Hunter region, Sydney, Brisbane, Camden etc.... for a relaxed get together and general discussion about all things beer and brewing. It was great to meet you all.

We were treated to a personal tour by Shaun and Ian of their brewing world and their vast knowledge - with some handy tips on brewing our own beers.

We had a great feed, amazing beers all day and were made very welcome by all the staff at Murrays...

Murray himself was seen furiously filling growlers before the day was done.

What a day.......Got a few funny looks from security at the airport with all the growlers. :unsure:

The flight home was good and everyone is home safely......

So....it is possible to pull off a one-day fly-in, fly-out brewery tour

Time to start planning the next one..

Here are some snaps from the day.. Note lots of smiles :icon_cheers:

IMG_2735__Large_.jpg IMG_2740__Large_.jpg IMG_2748__Large_.jpg IMG_2756__Large_.jpg
IMG_2759__Large_.jpg IMG_2765__Large_.jpg
IMG_2770__Large_.jpg IMG_2771__Large_.jpg
IMG_2775__Large_.jpg IMG_2778__Large_.jpg

One final note: Flathead & Chips + Icon 2IPA = :icon_drool2:

PB (Dave)

Thanks to Dave for making this happen. A great day was had by all. My first trip to Murrays but it won't be my last. The three hour bus trip home was a lot more subdued than I had expected.

Cheers, Hoges.

Looks like it was a great day. Shame I could only call in for half an hour and didn't get the chance to introduce myself to everyone, or have proper catchups with those that I did meet.

Hope to see you guys make this an annual trip. I looked like a real success.

Looks like a day not to be missed. Unfortunately that's exactly what I did, had to play cricket.

Must have a day trip up to Murray's soon.

Yes a big thanks to Shaun & Ian for taking the time from their weekend off to host us....

Cheers

Paul

Looks like you boys had an awesome time down there, congrats Dave, excellent conception and follow through. I was busy replacing some stumps at home and thinking, the boys will be boarding the plane now, the boys will be arriving at Williamtown now. And while sweating my guts out trying to pull a 120kg stump out of a hole thinking the boys will be sinking those delicious Murray beers about now............... I hope someone brings one of those delicious beers I missed out on to the next BABBs meeting ;)

cheers

Browndog

I enjoyed the day, its a special formulae :-

Talking beer ,drinking good beer, eating good food, meeting up with old friends from other campaigns, making new friends, on a warm sunny day somewhere in the Aussie bush .

Nothing more encourages you to go away and brew a great beer, after standing in a micro brewery, listening to the brewer, it is inspirational.

What more can you ask for ?

where were you Browndog !!!

Pumpy :)

I enjoyed the day, its a special formulae :-

Talking beer ,drinking good beer, eating good food, meeting up with old friends from other campaigns, making new friends, on a warm sunny day somewhere in the Aussie bush .

Nothing more encourages you to go away and brew a great beer, after standing in a micro brewery, listening to the brewer, it is inspirational.

What more can you ask for ?

where were you Browndog !!!

Pumpy :)

Really, really wish I was there Pumpy, but I made the long suffering missus a promise to renovate the house and I really need to make good on it. I will definitely be at the next one.

Yes, it was a wonderful day :) Thanks to everyone involved!

Airport security seemed to be more concerned about the empty growlers I had in my bag going down than the full ones coming back, but I guess they're more used to seeing them down there :D

Cheers,
tallie

i had a great time catching up with old friends and making some new ones. I didnt get to meet everyone and i didnt get to say goosbye to everone as i had to go in a hurry but WOW what a day.

Huge thanks to Shaun and the Murrays staff...... the special brewery tour/tasting was awsome. Where else can you stand in a zero degree cool room with 30 odd brewers and sample 9 month old imperial belgian stout, 11% feral belgian blond and spiced pumpkin ale?

there is no answer to that is there........... the answer was a one off...... and if you mised it you missed out!

Food was great, beer was great and company was great.

I would have loikes to meet a few more of the qld'ers, those there and those pulling stumps but maybe next time....... i hope this becomes more regular as it was a tops day!

cheers

Great day.

Thanks to Dave for getting it started and Hoges for doing his bit for us southerners.

Thanks to Shaun and Ian for that Stout. It was amazing :icon_drool2:

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

G'day, for those who bought them, how much were the growlers and cowst to fill?

Growler is $27 filled with normal strength ale.

Refills are $15 for the normal range and $25 for the stronger stuff.

Yep, twas a great day. I had a sore shoulder from lugging my bag full of beer home (three 4-packs, 1 growler and an anniversary ale). Thanks to Ian and Shaun for their hospitality, and thanks to all the southern brewers who made the effort to get there and catch up with us - great meeting you guys. I couldn't believe how good Tony's dental work looked - he now looks nothing like his avatar! :lol:

Cheers - Snow

Latest posts

Back