Babbs In New York

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So envious, especially after some inspiration from what Sam from Dogfish Head had to say on Beer Wars that I just watched... :beerbang:

I reckon it would be tops to organise the same sort of trip for a bunch of brewers to head over, Id be in that for sure... Just like a Food Tour of Thailand or something, just better with Beer..

:icon_cheers: CB

Rossco are you my father,you are a legend for what you have done for the brewing community ,thank you

sav.

The boys would have gotten on the plane a few hours ago.

What a liver destroying trip... even for me... and I was only around for tasting around 50 beers of the 300+ they got through.

Ask Ross & Dave about the Breakfast Irish Car Bomb. And how to impress the bar staff by drinking the board at the blind tiger in a night. And how much alcohol is really in the Dog Fish Head 120 minute IPA. And about the Ssssssshhhhh at the Burp Castle.

For me Dogfish Head brewery and crew was definitely a highlight. What a great bunch. I'll definitely get down there again.
We had some interesting times navigating and driving "on the wrong side".

Dave mentioned that he could see himself happily bouncing between the Hudson Diner and The Blind Tiger everyday.

Thanks guys for all the shouts. Bring on the next trip. :beerbang: :party: :chug:

So Dave is now 5 years older, 6 inches shorter and weighs 150kg, getting through customs might be tricky :p .

Home safe & sound after a very long journey home. Our flight was delayed 7 hours after they found liquid pouring out of someones case in the hold. Dave & I were sure it was one of ours as we had bought new suitcases & just filled them with beer (1 & 1/2 cases in both); we were well relieved when we heard it wasn't. We then got diverted to Sydney, which added even more time to the journey. Customs let us through without paying duties which was great news to finish the trip, especially considering the high gravity of the beers.
Thanks again Zizzle for looking after us in Manhatten, we had a ball.

cheers Ross

Home safe & sound after a very long journey home. Our flight was delayed 7 hours after they found liquid pouring out of someones case in the hold. Dave & I were sure it was one of ours as we had bought new suitcases & just filled them with beer (1 & 1/2 cases in both); we were well relieved when we heard it wasn't. We then got diverted to Sydney, which added even more time to the journey. Customs let us through without paying duties which was great news to finish the trip, especially considering the high gravity of the beers.
Thanks again Zizzle for looking after us in Manhatten, we had a ball.

cheers Ross
Thanks to BABBS for making this trip possible.
I had a fantastic time, drank many quality beers, learnt alot about all things brewing and intend sharing with our brewing communities back here in Aus.

We would have posted more info and pictures if we weren't so damn busy experiencing everything we possible could in the short time we had in the USA.

But now were are back and have over 1000 photos and videos to share with you......and many many drinking and brewing stories. :chug:

Thanks to Zizzle our NYC consultant for the digs and enabling us to get a running start (literally off the plane) to the beer venues in Manhattan.

It's going to be hard to top that trip I can tell you.

Everyday was a once in a lifetime experience. :beerbang:

I look forward to seeing and sharing with you all soon,

PB

Did we all mention how much we hate you both right now..........

:p

Yes, very jealous at the time spent at Dogfish Head.

Cheers.

Looking forward to a full report at the next BABBs meeting you blokes or I really will rip your livers out.

cheers

Browndog

Brewers,

For those interested, Joe the Brewer at Dogfish Head has a blog here
There's a small piece on our visit....

Cheers Ross

Edit: We cracked a bottle of the 120 minute IPA today... aprrox 18 to 23% alc... Continuously hopped for the 2 hour boil & dry hopped every day for a month :icon_drool2: A little left if anyone's passing.

Oh man... I'd be in there if I wasn't stuck in the studio! grrrr

Hopefully there will be some left in the morning when I pop in!

Good man Ross!

Hey Dave you should get out your little black book and write up the beers we had that night in Delaware.

BTW: just got around to the beers you left me in the fridge. I'm enjoying the Freaktoberfest. Was a bit put off by the colour at first, but tastes good. Nice and malty.

The home brew in the stubbie was a bit rough. Heaps of apple on the nose, strange darkish colour, strong alcohol taste, and maybe a bit of kit twang. No wonder you bastards left it with me! :icon_vomit:

The home brew in the stubbie was a bit rough. Heaps of apple on the nose, strange darkish colour, strong alcohol taste, and maybe a bit of kit twang. No wonder you bastards left it with me! :icon_vomit:

That WAS a cider, a bloody nice one as well :lol:

Cheers Ross

:icon_drool2: A little left if anyone's passing.

...well didn't this one smack me round the face - there was an advert for a soft drink in Blighty... (I think that orange guy is Chappo!)

Like dunking your face in a bowl of tropical fruit - pineapples, mangos, passionfruit.

20%...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has made me very jealous, especially going to Dogfish Head!! I was lucky enough to enjoy one of their 60 minute IPA's last year in the US and salivated at the thought of trying the 120min! Glad to see you both did the Aussies proud though, I'm not sure my liver would be up to one new beer every hour of the trip!

Whats a 18% Beer like???? :beerbang:

My APA(6.8%) and A.I.P.A(7.31%) wreck me now after a few... :ph34r: My Barleywine looks like it will be about 10-11%.. :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

Latest posts

Back