Babbs In New York

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkey7

Reaction score
Hi All,

We've been in New York for 4 days.
Brewed 2 BABBS recipes on a commercial scale with another one sceduled for tomorrow.

Below is a current list of the beers we have drunk so far..... :party:

Samuel Adams
Blue Moon Belgium White
Boston Lager
Summer Ale
Oktoberfest
Smuttynose Pumpkim Ale
Longhammer IPA
Dogfishhead
Peach Ale (Peche)
90min IIPA through a randall
RaisonD etre
Slyfox Brewery
Irish Red (Seamus)
Scottish Ale (cask)
Hop Project single hopped English Bitter (Whitbred)
Bluepoint Toasted Lager
Flyingdog Pale Ale
Anchor Steam
Stones
Arrogant ******* IPA
Oak ******* IPA
Levitation
Smoked Porter
Hurricane Kitty IPA
Sixpoints Bengal Tiger IPA
Goose Island
IPA
Nut Brown Ale
Chelsea Brewing Company
Checked Cab Blond Ale
Sunset Red Ale
Hop Angel IPA
The Gingerman House Ale (Infused with Ginger)
Captain Lawrence Expresso Stout
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA
Rogue Hazelnut Brown
Riverhorse Hopalotomus IIPA (cask)
Firestone Walker Hemp Ale (cask)
Bear Republic
Double Rocket IPA
Old Scouters Barleywine
Hop Rod Rye Ale
Magic Hat
Single Chair (cream ale)
Victory
Hop Devil
Wild Devil (wild hops)
Sierra Nevada
Bigfoot Barleywine
Pale Ale
Tripel
Southern Hemisphere Hop Harvest Ale
Ommegang Rouge
Southern Tier Mocha
Unibroue Maudite
Wintercoat Cockney Imperial Stout
Clipper City Loose Canon Hop3
Great Divide Hercules IIPA
Long Trail Blackberry Wheat
Avery Karma
Coniston Brewing Co. Bluebird Bitter
Collaboration not Litigation Ale (Avery and Russian River Salvation Beers blend)
Olde Saratoga Brewing Company
Lager
Red Tail Ale (amber ale)
Whitehawk IPA
Contract brewed Kone Island Lager
Hebrew Genesis
Autumn Lager (Oktoberfest)
Talon Barleywine
Eye of the Hawk Strong Ale
Black Stout
Black Eye = 50/50 blend Strong Ale and Stout
Genesis
Wexford Irish Cream Ale
Brooklyn Buzz Manhattan Meadery
Brooklyn Sorachi Ale (saison)
Tournay Black Stout Belgian
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza Oak Aged Ale
Hand drawn Elysia Persens Porter
St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
George Gales Prize Old Ale 1996
Rochefort 10
Tournay Black 10
Brooklyn Brewery
East India IPA
Pennant Ale
Browns Brewing Company
Brown Ale
Oatmeal Stout
Porter
Rye
Davidson Brothers
Wheat
Brown
Irish Red
IPA
Smoked Porter
Oatmeal Stout
Scotch
Double Hop IPA
Dacker Authentic Adrondack
Harpoon IPA
Guinness
Smithwicks
Guinness 250
Southern Tier IPA
Tredges (amber) through hopback
UBU American Brown Ale
Lake Placid Yeungling Lager
Budweiser American Ale
Killians Irish Red Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Adirondack Brewery
Pilsner
Saison
Belgian Pale Ale
IPA
Hefeweizen
Abbey Ale
Dirty Blonde Ale
Bear Naked Ale
Stout

We will update with pictures of the brewdays and add to the beer list as time permits,

Not a bad start hey fellas.. :rolleyes:

I that just Ross's consumption list PB? :icon_drunk:

Lucky lucky mungrels!

Hey we need pictures PB, lots and lots of pictures. I hope the trip is going well for you guys.

Cheers

Chappo

Yup, pictures please!...

100 beers listed. 96 hours there...

Blimmin well done...!!

Do you get to eat?

That is quite a list.

Enjoy the fruits of those brewers labour!

Feel free to pinch any recipes to bring back that you deem worthy! :icon_cheers:

Having a fantastic time, but will need a long rest when I get back...

Arrived in Sarratoga on Sunday lunchtime, dropped our bags & hit the town.... we were out till 4.30am & then up at 7.00am to brew our 1st commercial batch (Daves Belgian Blonde), followed by another Pub Crawl till 4.30am & then up an hour later at 5.30am to travel an hour to our 2nd brew day (Mossyrocks APA). Mashed in at 8.00am & up to the bar for beers & newspaper interview. By the afternoon we were stuffed - So took a couple of growlers of Oatmeal stout from the brewery & picked up a growler of Sierra Nevada Tripple off cask from the local beer shop, for a few quiet ones at home tonight. Grabbed a couple of hours kip this afternoon, a quick trip to the local ale house for tea & a couple of pints, then back here to relax with the growlers & a spot of telly. It's now 2.00am so calling it a day.... up in 5 hours for our 3rd consecutive brewday (my Nelson CAP).

will post pics soon.

cheers...drinking for australia...

Ross

Don't know how you guys are keeping up. Sounds like a fantastic time and with that much beer to sample who would want to stop?
Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Andrew

Arrived in Sarratoga on Sunday lunchtime, dropped our bags & hit the town.... we were out till 4.30am & then up at 7.00am to brew our 1st commercial batch (Daves Belgian Blonde), followed by another Pub Crawl till 4.30am & then up an hour later at 5.30am to travel an hour to our 2nd brew day (Mossyrocks APA). Mashed in at 8.00am & up to the bar for beers & newspaper interview. By the afternoon we were stuffed - So took a couple of growlers of Oatmeal stout from the brewery & picked up a growler of Sierra Nevada Tripple off cask from the local beer shop, for a few quiet ones at home tonight. Grabbed a couple of hours kip this afternoon, a quick trip to the local ale house for tea & a couple of pints, then back here to relax with the growlers & a spot of telly. It's now 2.00am so calling it a day.... up in 5 hours for our 3rd consecutive brewday (my Nelson CAP).

will post pics soon.

Ross

you guys are hard core... I feel ill!

will post pics soon.

Ross

I shall pass on your travel diary to the members at tommorrow nights Babbs meeting, I don't want to hear of any choking guys go hard or don't come home, there will be plenty of time to sleep when you're dead :beerbang:

Cheers

Paul

You bringing back samples of each for BribieG? :ph34r:

Ross knows that all I really want is a forty ounce bottle of Steel Reserve Malt liquor (mofo headbanging 8%) or St Ides or King Cobra or one of the other brands so I can drink it while I practice my hip hop routines. :icon_drunk: You can't get it here and I dearly want to clone a batch :chug:

Jeebers, I hope you guys have got some nodoz or some such, stirling effort Dave and Ross, hope your livers make it.

cheers

Browndog

will post pics soon.

Ross

hmmm, never judge a man by his phone manner :mellow:

nice one fellas :chug: :chug:

What do I have to do to enter for Next Years trip to wherever??? :( Its too late to join now and be a part of the brew comp isnt it???

:icon_cheers: CB

What do I have to do to enter for Next Years trip to wherever??? :( Its too late to join now and be a part of the brew comp isnt it???

Membership is restricted to brewers living South of Torbanlea

B)

For this years prize the committee set a deadline of membership by the January meeting for qualifying for the trip. That being said next years prize hasn't be decided but in saying that membership has it's own rewards :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

Membership is restricted to brewers living South of Torbanlea

:icon_offtopic: And all the best to you both. :icon_cheers:

Torbanlea was great! :super:
The first glimpse of the sea from the train (If you could see anything through the soot in your eyes?) & was all sugar cane farms before the invasion. :ph34r:

TP

Latest posts

Back