Babbs In New York

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this years prize the committee set a deadline of membership by the January meeting for qualifying for the trip. That being said next years prize hasn't be decided but in saying that membership has it's own rewards :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Paul

So, it wouldnt be too late to join and be a part of these Monthly festivities??? And a chance of the big one, I heard it could be to the UK??
Membership is restricted to brewers living South of Torbanlea
Just miss out by a bit, Ill have to move to Maryborough..... :blink:

:icon_cheers: CB

I had a quick phone around and we've nudged the border a bit North to Little Pig Creek on the Bruce Hwy so you'll be fine. :)

The bar with free beer.

Not only is it a bar, but a brewery. They brew their own fantastic beers as well as contract brewing for people like
http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com (just take a look at the brews, they are amazing)
They brew over 60 different beers a year & the bar is their tasting room, which is open to the public every day of the week. You just help yourself to any of the beers on tap - NO CHARGE. i guess the only "catch" if you want to call it one, is that you are technically limited to 2 of each beer on tap, but with over 20 to choose from & with no one counting, it's left to the customer. They also provide a free BBQ area & the locals put on a fantastic spread of smoked ribs etc for us last night.
Basically, to run it as a bar, they would have to have licences etc that are not worth their time - they are foremost a brewery - So they give back to the community by supplying FREE beer. The bar is pretty busy at night, but nothing like what i suspect it would be like in Australia.

Dave working his way through the taps
Picture_072.jpg

We are guest judges at a charity commercial beer competition today - 50+ to work through...it's gonna be tough.

cheers Ross

Let me just say, on behalf of the entire AHB community, we REALLY hate you both right now..... No, Really.......

:D

Cheers

Very nice... :icon_drunk:

Glad youse are having a great time.. :(

:party: CB

We made the front page of the papers today....here

Working part of the trip is now over..... time to let our hair down & have a few beers :icon_chickcheers:

cheers ross

Working part of the trip is now over..... time to let our hair down & have a few beers :icon_chickcheers:

cheers ross

Yes you certainly deserve a few, sounds like you've been completely dry so far. ;)

The bar with free beer.

Not only is it a bar, but a brewery. They brew their own fantastic beers as well as contract brewing for people like
http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com (just take a look at the brews, they are amazing)
They brew over 60 different beers a year & the bar is their tasting room, which is open to the public every day of the week. You just help yourself to any of the beers on tap - NO CHARGE. i guess the only "catch" if you want to call it one, is that you are technically limited to 2 of each beer on tap, but with over 20 to choose from & with no one counting, it's left to the customer. They also provide a free BBQ area & the locals put on a fantastic spread of smoked ribs etc for us last night.
Basically, to run it as a bar, they would have to have licences etc that are not worth their time - they are foremost a brewery - So they give back to the community by supplying FREE beer. The bar is pretty busy at night, but nothing like what i suspect it would be like in Australia.

Dave working his way through the taps
View attachment 30204

We are guest judges at a charity commercial beer competition today - 50+ to work through...it's gonna be tough.

cheers Ross

Free Beer? Now thats just bizarre in a very very nice kind of way. Sounds like a great trip.
Cheers
Steve

cheers ross

It's about time, all that time spent brewing has obviously curtailed your drinking abilities. :blink:
Not a bad article BTW.

Do you think they're still alive? :huh:

Cheers

PAul

I don't know, BribieG better not read the article ;)
When I win next year I'll need to prepare for several months beforehand - get back into half marathons, go to the gym twice a day, go tee total for the last month, saturate my body with vitamins etc and I might just last the pace. B)

When I win next year I'll need to prepare for several months beforehand - get back into half marathons, go to the gym twice a day, go tee total for the last month, saturate my body with vitamins etc and I might just last the pace. B)

I was thinking more that you had been downgraded from your winning position, according to the article...

... and take me to drink the beers you won't be able to drink !

Just got a call from the brewer at Dogfish Head inviting us over to see the brewery & then back over to stay over at his place & brew through the night with his mates. Mash in at 11pm & all wrapped up by about 4.30am.
He works from 2pm to 10pm, so i asked if there was a bar there we could sit at & have a few drinks while we waited - The reply was - "Man, we have bright tanks everywhere". Should be a great couple of days :)

Cheers Ross

P.S. the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA has to be the hoppiest beer I've ever had - It was devine :icon_drool2:

what a day :)

Spent the afternoon with Dogfish Head,... been shown everything & half pissed from the bright tanks....these guys are awesome!!!

We are just mashing in & half the neighbour has turned out with homebrews & commercial offerings

Sam is coming in tomorrow morning to meet us....does it get any better than this... a huge thanks to BABBS for making all this possible.

cheers Ross

You guys will be booking into Rehab when you get back!
Sounds like your having a seriously fantastic time, we're all jealous.

Andrew

This is the greatest thing ever :super:

Latest posts

Back