Babbs In New York

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell, Dogfish Head - I'm impressed! :eek: Errr, you are coming back aren't you.

Getting seriously bloody pissed here.... & another 4 hours to go :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross & Dave & Zizzle (side show Bob)

Edit: spelling & Zizzle

Ross what do you mean getting pissed. Sounds like you have being pissed the whole time.

Sounds like your Microbrew saturation levels are reaching dangerous highs fellas :super:

Now stop making us all jealous ! lucky buggers

I was thinking more that you had been downgraded from your winning position, according to the article...

It's all good publicity for BABBs and Aussie home brew in general, if they had had to report the intricacies of the situation it would have spoiled the flow of the story, no hard feelings. Just to amplify for those not in the club and don't know the background, I hadn't really considered myself in with a chance in the comp (hoped I might pick up novice brewer or something) and had some vague idea that the trip was next March or April, in the meantime I had used up all my annual leave yada yada yada and I'm also a carer and could have made arrangements for my caree's sister to step into the gap for a couple of weeks but she would also need a fair amount of notice (Sydney) so my bad for not keeping on the ball But as I said, next year is another year. :lol: And the new kegerator more than compensates :)

Also I understand that if next years prize is a trip to the USA west coast for the beer festival then a few members can go because if we get a group going then the cost reduces to a very affordable and attractive $$$$ indeed, and the winner just gets his or her trip free. Now that will be a pissup to totally dwarf Rosscoe and Dave's current drinking efforts. :beer:

Edit: all those navy blue logoed polo shirts marching into a bar, they'll be diving out of windows to get away from us :lol:

It's all good publicity for BABBs and Aussie home brew in general, if they had had to report the intricacies of the situation it would have spoiled the flow of the story, no hard feelings. Just to amplify for those not in the club and don't know the background, I hadn't really considered myself in with a chance in the comp (hoped I might pick up novice brewer or something) and had some vague idea that the trip was next March or April, in the meantime I had used up all my annual leave yada yada yada and I'm also a carer and could have made arrangements for my caree's sister to step into the gap for a couple of weeks but she would also need a fair amount of notice (Sydney) so my bad for not keeping on the ball But as I said, next year is another year. :lol: And the new kegerator more than compensates :)

Also I understand that if next years prize is a trip to the USA west coast for the beer festival then a few members can go because if we get a group going then the cost reduces to a very affordable and attractive $$$$ indeed, and the winner just gets his or her trip free. Now that will be a pissup to totally dwarf Rosscoe and Dave's current drinking efforts. :beer:

You have a fantastic attitude Bribie! :super:

I know Bribie, I just couldn't resist the dig ;)

As for Ross and Dave, if they post again I may have to just give up and give serious thought to hating the bastards through sheer jealousy! :)

I think I might have to go back and look at some photos and things from my various past beer adventures to take the edge off...

Bribie's passion for brewing has totally inspired me into brewing to guidlines and entering beers into competition. BABBS has also supported QLD brewers into doing this. It will be inyersting to see how many new brewers are entering into the QABC this year. Cant wait..

Brad

Bribie's passion for brewing has totally inspired me into brewing to guidlines and entering beers into competition. BABBS has also supported QLD brewers into doing this. It will be inyersting to see how many new brewers are entering into the QABC this year. Cant wait..

Brad
Well given they had 247 entries last year hopefully not too many more for the sake of the judges:)

You boys make me proud to be a Babbs member, go hard :beerbang:

Cheers

PAul

I'm putting in 57 entries personally

;)

Could be a problem Bribie :huh:

1.Each entrant is restricted to two (2) entries per Category. Within this rule, no more than one (1) entry is allowed in any one Style. Category and Style guidelines can be found on the AABC website.

Cheers

Paul

Could be a problem Bribie :huh:

1.Each entrant is restricted to two (2) entries per Category. Within this rule, no more than one (1) entry is allowed in any one Style. Category and Style guidelines can be found on the AABC website.

Cheers

Paul

so what you are saying is that I have done 57 brews of 30 bottles per brew = 1710 bottles that I'll just have to drink my way through??? :eek:

Hmm might have to cut them down to the six that I have actually done for the comp ;)

Bugger, ...these things have guidelines? - better crack one, see what it tastes like ...then enter it the in appropriate category...
1047.gif

I hate them, I want to rip them open with my bare hands, take their livers (but I'm still using it) and dry hop my latest IPA with them.

much hatred

Browndog

I think it's great, lets hope we can do the same for our American brothers when they stumble accross...

Now then, which world famous micro should we start them on...

OK, round to chappo's then...

Today is my last full day in NY. Regrettably I was unable to manage to hook up with Ross and Co during my stay because my full holiday schedule <_< .

...eitherway I'm gonna miss the luxury of beer choice on offer here when I get back home.

...eitherway I'm gonna miss the luxury of beer choice on offer here when I get back home.
Stuff that bag of yours full of beer then Devo, do you really need all those clothes in there?

Our Dogfish Head stay was fantastic...

Did you get that recipe memorised Dave?
Picture_269.jpg

Here's the aftermath of our brew night which finished at approx 5.30am in the morning
Picture_314.jpg

Then back into Dogfish Head to chill out with Sam
Picture_320.jpg

++++

Drove the 4 hours back to Manhatten for our last nights drinking at the Blind Tiger.
Self imposed ban on alcohol from midnight tonight before the flight.

Oh good, another 14 new beers on the menu
Picture_331.jpg

Dave getting bleary eyed working his way through the list. We managed a glass each of all the
new beers before midnight, finishing up with our last beer in NY... a 19% RIS.
Picture_334.jpg

++++

WHAT A TRIP...... Shame you couldn't make it Bribie, but Dave did you proud.

Brewed 3 of our club beers on commercial set ups & drank over 320 new beers each, an average of over 1 every hour of our trip.

See you guys next week....

Back