Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm maybe confused , but I thought you had to place in a state comp and enter the beer you placed in , in your state and that was the only way you could enter ?
F
Here y'go Ferg....

From the AABC Rules & reg's:

"D1. Qualification. The first three placegetters at State/Territory Championships
automatically qualify for entry to the Australian Amateur Brewing Championship in the same
year (see D8 for resolving tied scores). A maximum of three entries in any category will be
accepted from each State/Territory. Entrants may enter only those categories in which their
placings were achieved. If the original beer is no longer available, entrants may submit a
different beer in the same or a different style in that category. The beer style nominated must
be a designated style for the category, as listed on AABC Entry Form available at
www.aabc.org.au. Organizers reserve the right to reclassify or disqualify non-conforming
entries. In the event that a qualifying entrant is unable to submit a beer in a particular
category, State/Territory organizers may invite the next highest scoring entrant in that
category to do so, in his/her own name, in order to fill the quota of three entries for AABC."

Martin,
Thanks for clearing that up !
Also wondering , do you sleep ?! 3.45 am is pretty early to be posting on AHB lol
Cheers
Ferg

fergthebrewer said:
Martin,
Thanks for clearing that up !
Also wondering , do you sleep ?! 3.45 am is pretty early to be posting on AHB lol
Cheers
Ferg
I try not to - I find it disruptive to my valuable drinking-time ;)

Hi all,

I know it might be a bit late, but I've finally got around to putting up the finer details of the AABC this year on the website (www.aabc.org.au).

As has followed since the great inaugural ANHC way back in 2008, there will be a club night associated with the event on the Saturday night to socialize with the judges, stewards and locals, sample their beer and have them sample yours. If you are interested in coming along, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know you are coming and if you need any dispensing equipment.

cheers

Charlie

You guys certainly plan ahead given your event information.

Australian Amateur Brewing Championships 2103
Event Schedule

Canberra Brewers are looking forward to making this a big one!

Hope to see a few AHBers there!

Charlie said:
Hi all,

I know it might be a bit late, but I've finally got around to putting up the finer details of the AABC this year on the website (www.aabc.org.au).

As has followed since the great inaugural ANHC way back in 2008, there will be a club night associated with the event on the Saturday night to socialize with the judges, stewards and locals, sample their beer and have them sample yours. If you are interested in coming along, please send an email to [email protected] to let us know you are coming and if you need any dispensing equipment.

cheers

Charlie

I'll be going to Club Night. Can't be there for the judging (I really need to get my shit together). Anyone else from outside Canberra coming?

We're away! One day down, one to go.

Looking forward to club night!

Canberra press came out today to cover it for us: Two days to sort out 300 beers, sip by sip

And don't forget we'll be tweeting the results (place-getters at least) live during the presentation. Check out [twitter]Canberrabrewers[/twitter] or watch for #AABC2013

But the best brewer was from SA! Great work Beachy!

Stoked! Got a placing at Nationals, absolutely wrapped.

Unfortunately, there's only 1 bottle left in existence, need to re-brew.

WarmBeer said:
Stoked! Got a placing at Nationals, absolutely wrapped.

Unfortunately, there's only 1 bottle left in existence, need to re-brew.
well done

Picked up 1st in the IPA's! Awesome. Shame there's none left.

Any feedback on the live tweeting? Not a huge response in the twittersphere, just want to make sure it's worth doing again.

Kodos said:
Any feedback on the live tweeting? Not a huge response in the twittersphere, just want to make sure it's worth doing again.
I was sitting with baited breath waiting for updates :)

Kodos said:
Good idea and worked well. Nice to get the place results up last night.

Great stuff indeed by all involved and congratulations to place- getters and champions, particularly so for Bribie with a magnificent result in Pale Lager. :super:

Queensland put in a very strong showing with over 300 entries in the state comp (qualifying round for these Nats), so I'm not that surprised it is the champion state at the Nats. Oh and having so many of the country's best brewers as residents probably helps! :D

While I'm not a twitterer I've certainly appreciated the feed for getting prompt results out, Kodos, so many thanks for that. :)

Any word on when the full results will be released?

Didn't expect a placing and was just stoked to qualify given I've been at this caper for less than a year!

vortex said:
I was sitting with baited breath waiting for updates :)
Same. I don't have a twitter account so I couldn't retweet or reply but I did embed the relevant tweet for me on my blog.

Latest posts

Back