Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry Ray, I wasnt asking for results just an update.

Ray isn't online and when he does go on line, he will put the winners and placegetters of all catagories on line at the same time. This was a decision endorsed by all judges and stewards still there on the Sunday when the question was asked. I can't and won't speak for Ray but do know that when all the flights have been judged, he will very quickly publish the results. That is the style of the guy. Have patience.

Please find enclosed four really boring photographs I took on the day using my new telephone camera. If you squint real hard, you might recognise if the judges are tasting your beer. Of course they wouldn't know it was your beer because the stewards did a bloody good job making sure the judges didn't see the bottles from which there tasting samples come from.

Les_Cam___Phil.jpg

Nationals_Les_Cam___Trev.jpg

Nokia_1_036.jpg

Ray_Barry___Peter.jpg

In Rays absense, last round should be Friday for a release of info thereafter.

Scotty

The pic on the left looks like the boys wernt alowed to take a toilet break :lol:

Damn Fat....... your starting to sound like the national comp bouncer.

We all understand that there were problems and we all realise that it is going to take time but you cant shoot down people (ordinary joes's) who have their beers entered in the highest level comp in the country for being interested in whats happening.

I can see you standing just out of shot of those pics mate...........

cheers and before i get yelled at in just trying to lighten the mood a bit :)

PS...... im glad to see the time is being taked to judge it properly and judge it well. Its easy to rush things through and i am impressed with the IBU's diligence to do the job properly........ as every job should be.

Well done folks!

bouncer_500.jpg

hehehe ... I was thinking the pic on the bottom left looks like they're all squeezing out a simultaneous fart!

im glad to see the time is being taked to judge it properly and judge it well. Its easy to rush things through and i am impressed with the IBU's diligence to do the job properly........ as every job should be.

Well done folks!

+1

Just how long does it take for 15 Belgians to judge 4 beers? :D

Re the bottom left picture I prefer studious intent and concentration - Mental arithmetic is challenging after judging several

Peter

Where do they get such intelligent, wise looking judges?

Slight delay due to the 3rd judge not being well - will late in the weekend if not monday/tuesday evening.

Scotty

Thanks for the update, Scotty. Hope the judge is feeling better.

The pic on the left looks like the boys wernt alowed to take a toilet break :lol:

Damn Fat....... your starting to sound like the national comp bouncer.

We in the Union are such sensitive guys. Trully deep and meaningfull souls. Peaceful, fun loving people not unlike the hobbits in a Tolkien story. JUST DON'T GET US MAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judging does on .....................

adam_beer.gif

well, at the risk of being jumped all over just for posting on this thread ... I notice that there is a message on the IBU's site that says "National results published soon (sorry)" ... If someone online is involved or was there can I deduce from this that judging went well over this weekend and that all the classes are now at least complete??

Judges were thin on the ground........... the comp is not being rushed as its a very important comp......... and results will be in some time before xmas and we have to be patient ! Should be early next week some time from the last report just 3 or 4 short posts ago if you read them.

cheers

Shhh. Don't say anything or Fatgodzilla will come and sort us out (again). :lol:

No, I think the results will be out soon as Tony says. Just keep clicking on the IBU site and see if you can get a denial of service going. ;)

Shhh. Don't say anything or Fatgodzilla will come and sort us out (again). :lol:

No, I think the results will be out soon as Tony says. Just keep clicking on the IBU site and see if you can get a denial of service going. ;)

Now Stu, I thought we sorted this out on Saturday .............. by the way your Summer Ale was a nice drop. Can you make me a dozen for Xmas please ? The new IBU bouncer will now have to come look for you ..

IBU site on AHB a closed site so assume you talking of the web site. Heard nothing yet so PATIENCE.

Judges were thin on the ground........... the comp is not being rushed as its a very important comp......... and results will be in some time before xmas and we have to be patient ! Should be early next week some time from the last report just 3 or 4 short posts ago if you read them.

Gees Tony, now you are starting to sound like me. I'll drink your Sheepshagger this weekend - while eating lamb chops.

Aunty_jack_4.jpg

Trivia item #1 ... In past AABC results where I could find a "Best of Show" (sometimes "Best Mash") the same class has never won twice ...

2006 Imperial Stout
2005 APA
2004 IPA
2003 ESB
2002 ---
2001 Trappist Ale
2000 Bitter Ale
1999 ---
1998 Porter
1997 ---
1996 ---
1995 Pale Ale

Nice subtle bump M :lol:

i hope entries that arrived a week and a half late were accepted.

for a national comp it is turning into a bit of a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back