Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

As I said in an earlier post, the simplest way to overcome this problem in future events is to assign everyone a "competitor" number. That way all the results can be posted and if YOU wish to tell everyone you came last, then YOU can.

Big heads up to the guys who took their OWN PERSONAL TIME (unpaid) to run this comp and have their heads chopped off by a bunch of whinging idiots.

cheers

Darren

what is happening? there was no criticism, no derision., just competitors asking for some information. I think things started to get ugly no thanks to the belligerant comments from Fatgodzilla, and to a certain extent Capretta did not help much. This whole thread would have been negated with a couple of early comments from the organisers.
Once again I thank you and the other IBU guys for your efforts.
cheers

Browndog
geez browndog laying it on a but thick arent you? id like to know how i inflamed to thread and also id like to know if you consider comments made by you mate screwtop purely "no critisism no derision", let me refresh your memory..

screwtop
"For mine the judging seems pretty ordinary and has suffered from lack of proper planning. That being said there is nothing anyone can do now so it's pointless going on about it. I am sorry for all of the entrants who have strived so hard, this national comp will no doubt result in some stigma being attached to the results for years to come. It would have been much nicer for entrants to have had results published without such controversy."

these are the comments that p**ed me off, the guy never attended or even thought it worth while to enter! the lack of informed comment made me make the decision to withdraw from the thread and just PM those who i considered reasonable individuals if i thought it neccesary.

is it time to lock this thread ?

or should we amend the title to append 'the magic pudding thread' :lol:

:D

time to open "Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2008"

any takers?

ps browndog and i have PMd, no dramas there.. B)

For what it is worth, I was lucky enough to win Champion Brewer for the second year in a row and my good friend Dan won BOS as well, yes the comp had some problems however according to one of the judges from Canberra Ross Mitchell the quality was very high. Lets just move on and look forward to Melbourne 2008, I can only pass on what has been said here in Canberra, a bit more communication would have stoped the bad press in its steps.
I for one have not met Ray but I am looking forward to meeting him one day, he has been around the craft brewing seen in Australia for a long time and I for one are concerned at some of his comments about the fun not being there cause thats what I do it for.

Anyway hope you all have a merry Christmas and a great New Year may you next beer be you best.

Cheers

Craig

I think Stagger's post is a good note to end this thread on. Now all of you just relax, have a homebrew, think back on this thread and remember, it's just beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back