Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Mills

The Old Man of Brew
Reaction score
Munting Ilog, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Hi all
The entry details and conditions and all the information you require are now posted on the IBU's web page, only those that have qualified with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd placing in participating AABC State Competitions can enter.
Best of luck to all that can enter
Cheers
Ray
http://ibunion.org/

Hi all
The entry details and conditions and all the information you require are now posted on the IBU's web page, only those that have qualified with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd placing in participating AABC State Competitions can enter.
Cheers
Ray
All those that have any questions could you please email me at the email address on the web page, please do not PM me here as I have limited messages like all of you and if its full i might not get the message
Cheers
Ray

$7 per entry,
sheet.

Have you ever organised and run a National homebrew competition before, if you have tell me what your budget was, I would like to know
Ray

I guess the viewpoint comes because the WA qualifying comp was charged at $3 per entry. But if I was to mention that the results sheets from the WA comp were quite possibly posted out using stamps appropriated from my employer, not entirely with their knowledge, that would help illustrate just how far those fees (didn't) went.

All those that have any questions could you please email me at the email address on the web page, please do not PM me here as I have limited messages like all of you and if its full i might not get the message
Cheers
Ray

Sent an email on the 24th Ray.

Just checking: is a shared 3rd place good enough to participate? (I'm hoping my beer improves a lot with an extra month of ageing :lol: )

Just checking: is a shared 3rd place good enough to participate? (I'm hoping my beer improves a lot with an extra month of ageing :lol: )

Rule D8 explains it:
D8. Tied Placings. The normal procedure is to be used for awarding placings if there is a
tie for category placings. For example, if there is a tie (equal scores) for first place, then two
equal firsts will be awarded, and the next highest scoring beer will be awarded third place. If
there is a tie for second place, then two equal seconds will be awarded, and no third place will
be awarded. If there is a tie for third place, then two equal thirds will be awarded. In this last
case, a total of four beers would qualify from a State competition for the AABC. If more than
four beers would qualify for AABC because of tied placings, their acceptance for the AABC
is at the discretion of the local organising committee. Competition organisers, if they so
choose, may decide to arrange a taste-off to avoid tied placings

The local organising committee this year being NSW, so Ray Mills and the rest of the committee will decide your fate, I am sure they will be understanding :lol: .

Cheers
And good luck
Andrew

Hi all
Cheers
Ray

Is entry restricted to the same class as qualification in each case. Have emailled Ray twice via ibunion.org as requested but no reply.

Is entry restricted to the same class as qualification in each case. Have emailled Ray twice via ibunion.org as requested but no reply.

Fro what I have been led to believe, you are only allowed to enter the exact beer that you got the place for in the state comp. Is this correct?

cheers

Browndog

Fro what I have been led to believe, you are only allowed to enter the exact beer that you got the place for in the state comp. Is this correct?

cheers

Browndog

No you do not have to enter the exact same beer.

D1. Qualification. To qualify for the Australian Amateur Brewing Championship, a brewer
must have placed first, second or third (and scored at least 60% of maximum possible points)
in one of the years State/Territory Qualifying Championships (see D8 for handling tied
placings). Entries must be in the same category/categories as the placing(s) achieved in the
State/Territory Qualifying Championship. If the original beer is no longer available, the
brewer may enter the same or a different style (in that category). The beer style must be a
designated style for the category, as listed on the AABA category/style list available on the
AABA website. The organisers reserve the right to reclassify non-conforming beers (i.e. in a
non-listed style) to a listed AABC style.

have a read of the entry rules and conditions here

Entry is restricted to the same category but the style can be substituted if the original State qualifying style is not available to be sent to the Nationals.
Cheers
Andrew

From here,

D1. Qualification. To qualify for the Australian Amateur Brewing Championship, a brewer
must have placed first, second or third (and scored at least 60% of maximum possible points)
in one of the years State/Territory Qualifying Championships (see D8 for handling tied
placings). Entries must be in the same category/categories as the placing(s) achieved in the
State/Territory Qualifying Championship. If the original beer is no longer available, the
brewer may enter the same or a different style (in that category).
The beer style must be a
designated style for the category, as listed on the AABA category/style list available on the
AABA website. The organisers reserve the right to reclassify non-conforming beers (i.e. in a
non-listed style) to a listed AABC style.

The way I read it is if you qualify a beer in the '1. LOW ALCOHOL' category then you may enter a beer in any of the styles, 1.1, 1.2, etc.

Entry is restricted to the same category but the style can be substituted if the original State qualifying style is not available to be sent to the Nationals.
Cheers
Andrew

So does that mean you can enter two in the same category with differing styles ? (sorry for the crazy questions here guys) For instance I got a place in the stout category for foreign extra, can I enter that and say a dry stout too?

cheers

Browndog (competiton newbie)

Cheers
Andrew

Don't forget that the 60% requirement has been dropped fro this year as well.

So does that mean you can enter two in the same category with differing styles ? (sorry for the crazy questions here guys) For instance I got a place in the stout category for foreign extra, can I enter that and say a dry stout too?

cheers

Browndog (competiton newbie)

Yep, the state comp qualifies you for a position in the category and you can enter in any of the sub styles... as long as its one beer per style.

Edit - BD you qualified one beer in that category so you can only enter one beer in that aabc category, but you can enter the dry instead of the foreign if its better.

Where is the postal address for this? Noticed we only have a few more days.

I couldn't find on one the AABC website..

From the site Ray linked to in the first post. :rolleyes:

Entries (securely packaged) should be consigned to:
Chief Steward Australian Amateur Brewing Championship
28A Hospital Road
Bulli NSW 2516

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back