Australian Amateur Brewing Championship 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

C7 would be applied where the rules are silent, however D11 makes it clear what information will be collected, what information will be kept confidential & specifically excludes brewers names "which will be published in the results lists for the competition."
I think rule D11 is amibugous. The 'names of the brewers' might be construed to only apply to the names in published results.

I suspect this was not the intention of the rule, but genuinely believe it's open to intrepetation.

Keith
NSW AABA delegate

I for one are disapionted that no Full results will be published.

Since 1999 they have published both Full and Summary.

:(

at the risk of getting involved in this thread again, i dont think ray was against publishing the full list for the nationals, just the state. more than likely a full publication will be made but the best way to check i reckon would be the ibu website contact address ;)

at the risk of again offending some NSW people and being called a troll,
can someone please explain why there has been a sudden change in the interpetation of the rules after 8 years of full results being published :huh:
i cannot possibly see any GOOD reason for this.
i certainly dont care if my 2 entries came last and everyone knows about it :rolleyes:
i DO care though that i dont get to compare my results to other people in that category
it is after all a home brew COMPETITION which means everyone is compeating against each other and deserve to see how they ranked compared too others
withholding the full results list is a backward step that dosnt help the credability of this comp and if anyone is going to be offended that people know they had a bad result then they just dont enter, people cant expect the adulation that comes with having thier winning score published but then expect any poor scores kept secret
as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread it is ''just a home brew comp,chill out''
so if it is just a homebrew comp can we please see a full list of results some time when Rays got the time to post them :)

I don't really care if results are published, but the argument that they should not be published for privacy reasons seems a little weird. If you are shy, easily upset, or want anonymity........don't enter a public HB competition.
I actually learned a good deal from last year's results, (compared what yeast brewers used etc).

I dont think that ego is the issue, as said back in the thread it is more what can go wrong with your personal info. I have unfortunately had an issue from my previous work life with a client and the moral of the story is that one should not just assume when it comes to items as such.

So it is more just taking a moment of care and thinking about things, as unexpected things can happen...

Scotty

at the risk of again offending some NSW people and being called a troll,
can someone please explain why there has been a sudden change in the interpetation of the rules after 8 years of full results being published :huh:
i cannot possibly see any GOOD reason for this.
i certainly dont care if my 2 entries came last and everyone knows about it :rolleyes:
i DO care though that i dont get to compare my results to other people in that category
it is after all a home brew COMPETITION which means everyone is compeating against each other and deserve to see how they ranked compared too others
withholding the full results list is a backward step that dosnt help the credability of this comp and if anyone is going to be offended that people know they had a bad result then they just dont enter, people cant expect the adulation that comes with having thier winning score published but then expect any poor scores kept secret
as was pointed out to me earlier in the thread it is ''just a home brew comp,chill out''
so if it is just a homebrew comp can we please see a full list of results some time when Rays got the time to post them :)

I'm with Beachy here, I entered two beers and I could not give a hoot if they came last, just to be included in only my second competition is an honour for me. As for the privacy thing, that just does not gel with me, peoples names are everywhere on the internet. Maybe the full results could be made to competitors on an individual basis, it is bollocks not being able to compare your score with other competitors.

cheers

Browndog

at the risk of again offending some NSW people and being called a troll

A Merry Xmas to you all.

Edit : More trolls - make a great avatar wouldn't it !

Troll_2.jpg

don__t_feed_the_troll.jpg

I dont think that ego is the issue, as said back in the thread it is more what can go wrong with your personal info.

But everyone entered with the hope that they would get a place. If they got a place, then their name would have been published anyway.

I think it would be a sad day when any kind of national-level competition decided to drop the transparency that comes with publishing results of all of the competitors.

A Merry Xmas to you all.

hilarious FG
how does treating people with arrogant contempt help the credability of the national comp? :angry:
a large group of brewers from all over australia have taken the time and effort to enter THE NATIONAL comp and deserve to know how they ranked amongst their peers
all that is published is name,state of origin and beer score NOT exact address phone no. and photo ID <_<
once again this is the NATIONAL comp NOT local NSW comp so what gives a tiny group (possibly only one person) the right to hijack the comp and change the rules interpretation as they go along :angry:
comments such as results will not be published EOS are just arrogant self important crap
so instead of smart comments about not feeding trolls lets hear these GOOD reasons for non publication or please publish the results as a group of the entrants seem to want :)

I agree it would be best to publish them, beachy. It was also an issue for the state comp, with a few people saying they'd prefer it the full results published. But I think you are getting a bit too heated about this. It's really not such a big issue either way IMO, but if the people who did organise it this year thought that was the way to jump, then I guess that is their right according to the regulations. If you want that changed (and I do too, and so do a few others), I'd guess we have to get out there and contact our state reps and get our voices heard that way. Then things can change for next year. In fact, looking back at the thread, I don't think that there necessarily has been a decision not to publish the results, so maybe it'd be better to relax, send an email to Ray Mills and the IBUs, and see what happens. It'll probably work better for you than getting all irate. RDWHAHB mate. :icon_cheers:

BTW, I think that Mark Chovain has an excellent point. Surely all entrants have given implied consent by entering. :huh:

To change the subject a bit. So what's the price money for a third place in one of the categories? I need to know: x-mas shopping is coming up.

Seriously, do I get some tangible evidence (e.g. a certificate or so) or should I frame the PDF?

I just wrote a big post airing my thoughts but deleted it as i didnt want to get AHB bullied

This a FORUM !!! people have opinions and thoughts and if calling them names to keep them quiet when they are speaking up for something they believe in is whats it come to, im ashamed to be part of it....... it has resorted to bullying and thats pathetic....... even for CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for my opinion on posting results........ I came dead last by score last time i entered the national comp and it didnt wory me that the rusults were posted.

no cheers this time folks :icon_vomit:

censorship2.jpg

I hear you Tony, this is not cool.

I suspect part of the problem here is that this is not the official forum for debating such matters. AHB may be the biggest homebrewing forum in the land (is it even?) but it doesn't represent all Australian homebrewing. As such, the AABC people have no obligation whatsoever to report anything through this channel. They don't have to answer queries from here, and if they are smart, they are probably not even reading. If you have a query, send it to the comp organisers or your state AABA rep rather than spin your wheels here.

Keeping this in mind, we are getting all hot under the collar arguing about something that there hasn't been any official word on, yet. This should be a total nonargument yet people want to keep chucking spears at each other. Insanity.

AHB forum members,

I have sent the following e-mail to what I believe is the official AABC 2007 e-mail address, I will post any reply I receive here:

To: '[email protected]'
Cc:
Subject: AABC 2007 Full Results

Gday,

Could you please advise if and when the full results of the AABC 2007 will be published on the AABC website?

Many thanks

a large group of brewers from all over australia have taken the time and effort to enter THE NATIONAL comp and deserve to know how they ranked amongst their peers all that is published is name,state of origin and beer score NOT exact address phone no. and photo ID <_< once again this is the NATIONAL comp NOT local NSW comp so what gives a tiny group (possibly only one person) the right to hijack the comp and change the rules interpretation as they go along :angry:
comments such as results will not be published EOS are just arrogant self important crap so instead of smart comments about not feeding trolls lets hear these GOOD reasons for non publication or please publish the results as a group of the entrants seem to want :)

Male penis Brewing Championship envy

.." the phrase "penis AABC results envy" or "small penis mindedness syndrome" is also sometimes used to describe the envy of a male over another male's penis. AABC results. Although this subconscious or conscious envy may solely be based on the idea that a larger penis higher score is universally more satisfying and appealing to a sexual drinking partner, other implications arise from the fact that a large penis higher result has been seen in many cultures as a symbol of high masculinity, dominance and power. While this whole matter has probably always been a part of human psychology, recent developments have made the issue slightly more public in the western world.AHB forums.

The mediaforum attention given to penis size AABC unpublished results and some women competitors being vocal in their opinions of penis size their score have led some men to state their envy of others with larger penises.a score, whether larger or smaller...,

Men can underestimate the size of their own penises, self importance and knowledge or rules of etiquette.

Edit : Source Wiki

This is ridiculous. What's the difference between publishing the names, scores and states for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and publishing the names, scores and states for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc?

It's not like they would be publishing phone numbers, internet banking details, TFNs, date of births, and medicare numbers!

I, for one, am curious to know what sort of ranking my American Pale Ale got as it narrowly beat my California Common to win ACT Beer of Show and yet it didn't get a place in the AABC - not complaining, just curious to see how it was placed in the Nationals.

It is clear that all of the Nationals entries were good beers - they had to be as they were placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the state comps - so why would people have a problem with how they scored in the AABC? They were all great beers it's just some had to be better than others...

What about having a check box on the entry form for "name to be published?" and then when the results roll around all those who didn't check the box could have "name withheld" and then their state on the results?

this is kooky - it's just an amateur beer competition, it's not like anyone should really care that much...

Dan

What about a nameless list of scores?

so you can pick your score out of a list.

heck even, Score, beerstyle, no name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back