Australia Day lamb advertisement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grott said:
Lamb shanks in a rich sauce, slow cooked for hours - can't beat that.
could only make that one better by doing the slow cooking in the smoker

wide eyed and legless said:
Sorry, I think I would take the stance on the side of Peppa Pig which Muslims would like removed from the TV Channels
I prefer Salt and Peppa Pig.

the_hog__83665.jpg

Just watched the ad in full.
I like it.

I've read and seen a few critiques, some of which bring up some reasonable points but ultimately if you're going to spend time critiquing ads:

1. Get a life (or a job with an ad agency and become satan's plaything)

And

2. Pick apart the ads that are boring, monotonous, badly designed and shittily made. Should keep you occupied for a lifetime.

Ads: who gives a ****?

What if I told you that you didn't have to eat meat or listen to triple j on Australia day.

DU99 said:
there's also seafood to consume
Exactly

And as for music, couple of Chisel albums, a bit of Johny Farnam & some Slim Dusty and you have the perfect Oz Day

**** I'm hungry, reading this thread!

I love lamb, kebabs, beef, pork, provided cooked appropriate, and not just the fatty shit.

Some years back, Friends had an few old sheep butchered, we got one. When preparing and eating, There was so much fat, I was nearly physically sick, wife became a vegetarian from that day on.

And I enjoy the mla adds. They are clever and direct, tongue in cheek, and celebrates the stereotypes of our munched loved fellow Aussies, that make this this country so diverse, and provides so much enriching cultural experiences.

sp0rk said:
Screw the radio, Dead Kelly's new album is released free on their website every Australia Day
Push Forward Fukken Engage!
Borry is a true blue aussie bloke,
he likes to fist-fight, f**k and smoke,
punchin on for cash in a woolies car park,
is his favorite past time when hes not in his truck!

wide eyed and legless said:
Sorry, I think I would take the stance on the side of Peppa Pig which Muslims would like removed from the TV Channels
To be replaced with Kafir Pig?

God I'm feeling old I remember JJ and MM, anti-ads and Dr Poo...
Mark

On the 'boat people' discussion... I do find it amusing that if we loaded up a ship full of Australians of UK origin (dna verified) and sent them back to the UK unanounced they would be probably detained and jailed.

It would make an interesting reality tv show: "Australian real estate is too dear, we are re-emigrating back to the UK'. Only DNA certified (indigenous UK) would participate.

Latest posts

Back