Australia Day lamb advertisement

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the add is fantastic personally , real Australia as it is today.

Seems Pauline Hanson "doesn't like it" - no surprises there.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/it-really-is-pretty-sad-pauline-hanson-slams-politically-correct-australia-day-lamb-ad/news-story/c4313cd6326d129d45acd4cd9a510f8d?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

65140222.jpg

BTW, I know you just read that in her voice :ph34r:

That original post is not the production ad. It is a hack piece of shit. Go and find the real one. It is a ripper. Hopefully the OP can edit his post

What is this commercial television you speak of?
Is that the odd thing that comes up selling spin-mops and ab-toners when I accidentally go from HDMI1 to HDMI2 but accidentally hit a thing called DTV ?
Do they sell this lamb on there?

Bribie to me its about all of us regardless of race and colour getting together and enjoy each other's company

Zorco can you please show us the orginal production post

Bribie G said:
What is this commercial television you speak of?
Is that the odd thing that comes up selling spin-mops and ab-toners when I accidentally go from HDMI1 to HDMI2 but accidentally hit a thing called DTV ?
Do they sell this lamb on there?
We don't have a TV at this house. Best thing ever.

I did a small write up on this earlier, after working in advertising I can't help but analyse good ads.

Seems quite reactionary to last years backlash and previous years claims of racism, exclusivity etc. I don't think it's in the sense of "Oh ****, we have to please everybody so we don't offend!" I feel more like it's a big slap in the face to far left politics that's complained about them for years, making it so inclusive it's funny.

I lost it when I heard the joke about not making a joke about vegans from last year's ad. The same clowns that complained about being joked about last year will be triggered again for indirectly being joked about.

As much as I think that, I love the central theme and of course the message is a valuable one and could not have been a smarter move in today's political climate.
I just think the creativity has suffered for it somewhat. Nonetheless the ad will be a success.

The Gruen panel will have a field day with this ad......... I can't wait...

Ironically so inclusive that it's a bunch of racial stereotypes :p :p though, hypocrisy is a far left value these days I suppose. Whole "not excluding anybody" thing made me think of this:

Human_Being.jpeg

TV is an old term, a bit like we say "The Queen Mary sailed from New York" but of course there isn't actually a sail on board.
Or more recently people still say "did you tape that show last night".

I have a couple of kick arse big screens.

Apart from Masterchef (sue me), commercial television never pollutes them. Just watched the new relaunched Maigret with Rowan Atkinson ... what an incredible performance from the guy. SWMBO spent the afternoon watching Ancient Egypt stuff on YouTube (amazing variety of HD stuff there nowadays, it's no longer just silly cats and kids falling off bikes) and I'm struggling to keep up with my several series I'm watching on Netflix.
Checking Freeview guide now:

Extra pair of hands clamping system.
ISHOP TV
Aspire TV
Sex and the City
Front of House - pommy reno show
Law abiding Citizen.. watched it on Netflix no ads

******* woeful

Won't be watching the lamb ad. Hey, got some in the freezer.

Ripping ad. Total pissa.
"Look, it's the Float People" - laughed out loud!
Brilliant piece of work.
(but where's Sam Kekovich, the Lambassador?!?)

Re: Damoninja's comment about racial stereotypes, i think the crux of the "contentious" issue of racism is more regarding negative stereotypes. This ad more taps into some stereotypes to paint them as quirks rather than anything that's negative or to be looked down upon. At the end of the day, we're all equal, we're all boat people (except the indigenous people) - we're all one red blood. The superficial differences are to be enjoyed, not denigrated.
(ps: i don't think you're pushing a racist or PC-antiracist angle, by the way, just thought i'd put my 2c into the mix ;) )

Latest posts

Back