Auspost can go and get Fucked!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i work as a contractor for asupost and was corporate back in wa as well

do you have someone in particular that you would like to be told to get f'd? lol

sounds like it is being sent express platinum which requires a signature, get it sent express instead, then the esky option is fine because no sig required...if we cant fit stuff in the letterbox it can be left out of sight in your esky but that will only happen until something goes missing, then you will complain as you should and they will card everything from then on

but

if you have a secure dwelling where no-one can get access to the door or a small letterbox stupid friggin letterbox that wont even take a letter properly....you will always have to pick it up, they try to bring it to you, you are not home, they leave a card and deliver the rest of their articles that's why you cant get it till next morning

I card stuff at 6am in the morning put it on the parcel shelf, take the card out later in the day if I know people work and are not home, if you can talk to the person I would be surprised if they didn't try to accommodate you somehow, I card one lady's parcels to a different LPO because it is easier for her to get to - that wouldn't have happened if she didn't come out and talk to me about it

it's all good, chockies and beer for the postie at Chrissy - yay!

ive had the good and bad from them. i had parcels go missing one to be told send them registered and then when i did it still went missing.
i bought a letterbox big enough to fit a dozen magazines in with out needing to be folded and the idiot that delivered it jammed in there and tore half the mag. rang up and complained and go told to get a bigger mail box. i asked for an email address so i could send a pic of it and the mag and ended up with the mag being replaced after they saw the size of it.

saying that the little bloke who delivers our parcels will come through the side gate so they are left on the back step out of the weather and sun.
hes excellent.

Batz said:
Really from when your yeast was produced until when you received it, do you believe it has never missed 24-48 hours in refrigeration?

I think we need to think about that.
No Craftbrewer would not let that happen but I'm paying next day delivery. Let it be delivered or let me pick it up that same day

huez said:
No parcel lockers near you?
PO Boxes are Over $100 to set up and over $200 a year for the size this drunk needs

slcmorro said:
Wow. Calm down there fella.
2 and quarter hours and 6 pints later I don't really give a shit. Just needed to vent.
droid said:
do you have someone in particular that you would like to be told to get f'd? lol
Yes You!! lol

Now I got that off my chest

thanks to all

he he excellent

I think it is next day within your network, which is basically within your state, out of state is not next day, tho looking over the site you could think it meant next day

grain and grape send express and put an ice gel pack thing in for wyyest which is good, sending on a Friday would be no good tho as its next business day eh

opt for the no sig and talk to your delivery person maybe

I told a letter box to get f'd the other day, stupid effen thing and there was a little old lady watering her garden that I didn't see, no complaint yet - maybe she understands, we all need to vent

jeddog said:
PO Boxes are Over $100 to set up and over $200 a year for the size this drunk needs
I pay $35 a year for my post box. And if there are parcels you just take the card to the window

Our Auspost girl will deliver to me first in our suburb if I have a parcel coming, cause she knows I leave at 8am and she wouldnt normally get here till 9am. She is awesome.

I'm with Bribie ....
I order online with Craftbrewer ... tick the box for Fastway (cos it's cheapest) and put a note in to leave at front door if nobody home.
I get notified from Craftbrewer that it has been sent then regular emails from Fastway as to where the parcel is and when I can expect it.

So far nothing but praise for Fastway ... SWMBO has got to know the driver and he now says "Hubby brewing again?" when the parcel lands ... :super:

pay for 2 ice packs and go normal post.
It takes 3-4 days for an order from craftbrewer to get to me, yeast is still cool, those ice packs hold their temp for a while.

jeddog said:
Parcel Lockers are free service, PO Boxes aren't. Some couriers will even deliver to them, main one being star track as auspost owns them. 24hour a day access. I never get parcels sent to my place anymore after numerous blow ups about the carding system, i could have been home all day and i'd still get a card saying i wasnt home

I have had issues, my local post office only has a small holding room so a lot of stuff gets sent to the distrabution point 20ks away open 9-3.

Now everything I purchace I have marked LEAVE FRONT PORCH. I have it in the second line of the address line and before suburb. I have it as my eBay address and it really stands out. Worked well the last 6 months.

huez said:
Parcel Lockers are free service, PO Boxes aren't. Some couriers will even deliver to them, main one being star track as auspost owns them. 24hour a day access. I never get parcels sent to my place anymore after numerous blow ups about the carding system, i could have been home all day and i'd still get a card saying i wasnt home
Trouble with parcel lockers is that they can malfunction. I had something sent to me express last Thursday, according to the tracker t made it to the local area by 5am Friday. Finally retrieved the parcel today (wed) after numerous phone calls and discussion with the bloke at the LPO. (Parcel was a vial of yeast)

Having said that, I've got no issues with the actual delivery folk, and generally things get here pretty quickly. There does seem to be some systematic problems where different parts of the operation can't talk to each other. Ie the LPO, delivery, interstate transport, parcel lockers, and customer help line all seem to be separate entities that are incapable of quick communication. So everything runs smoothly until someone/thing fucks up, and from then on it takes days of hasseling to get even a response.

Batz said:
Really from when your yeast was produced until when you received it, do you believe it has never missed 24-48 hours in refrigeration?

I think we need to think about that.
Both our Wyeast and White Labs yeast arrive cold. We pay a fortune for that to happen (3 days shipping time, packed with lots of ice packs) and I'd imagine all other retailers do the same.

If you really need to think about that, you're better off with thinking about from where you buy your yeast, mate.

I am a bit nervous to write this, as I have to parcels with couriers ATM, but have had little luck with couriers. From two week late deliveries with temp sensitive freight to dropping my $3000 coffee machine.

Spiesy said:
Both our Wyeast and White Labs yeast arrive cold. We pay a fortune for that to happen (3 days shipping time, packed with lots of ice packs) and I'd imagine all other retailers do the same.

If you really need to think about that, you're better off with thinking about from where you buy your yeast, mate.
I buy mine from either National Home Brew or Craftbrewer, nice to know how they are delivered. My apologizes for thinking about it.

what annoys me is when they leave the parcel at another post office for pick up.not the one closest to my address...i have a few things from fastaway,go for the leave option without sig.no problems..

Latest posts

Back