Auspost can go and get Fucked!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeddog

Reaction score
I have for about ten years bought from Craftbrewer in Qld and have it sent to me in Vic. I always pay for express post but they have to get a signature. So if Im not home they take it to the local post office which is about a 1km away (if Im lucky) and i pick it up from there after work (if they could be bothered going and getting it for me). If the delivery card states that I can pick up at 9am the next morning but they have its to bad. . But this time they have dropped it off about 45min drive from where i live and Im not allowed to pick it up until tomorrow morning (while Im at work). The load of yeast I have purchaced will be next to buggered.

SO AUSTPOST YOU CAN GO AND GET FUCKED!!!!!

jeddog said:
I have for about ten years bought from Craftbrewer in Qld and have it sent to me in Vic. I always pay for express post but they have to get a signature. So if Im not home they take it to the local post office which is about a 1km away (if Im lucky) and i pick it up from there after work (if they could be bothered going and getting it for me). If the delivery card states that I can pick up at 9am the next morning but they have its to bad. . But this time they have dropped it off about 45min drive from where i live and Im not allowed to pick it up until tomorrow morning (while Im at work). The load of yeast I have purchaced will be next to buggered.

SO AUSTPOST YOU CAN GO AND GET FUCKED!!!!!
Mine always goes to the post office, 3 kms away and open between 8.30 and 11.00 am only. I get a card in the mail at 11.30am so always have to collect the following day.

Oh ... I'm quite happy with the service, I think Aus, post does a fine job. ;)

Move out of that cold, windy, dry, bush-fire prone, clifftop sh2thole (and I say that with absolute respect for the beautiful place it is) and move to the greatest state in the country? Or at least to northern NSW - which is basically Queensland anyway.

That's bullshit, get the package's marked with authority to leave and it can be left at your door, leave an esky out with a note, job done.

Probably not what you want to hear, but they're probably the most reliable of any freight service I've ever used.

Such a backwards industry.

Yob said:
Fastway by name only, they are a shit of a carrier and certainly no good interstate for liquid yeast

Agree, mate.

But I would have thought by the OP's topic title, that he was looking for alternatives.

Yob I have asked for " I authorise this item to be be left at your door. Leave in esky " to be added to delivery coment to no avail. I did have a good postie a while back who got the sack for leaving this that needed signatures. Poor Ron what a bloke...

Spiesy said:
Agree, mate.

But I would have thought by the OP's topic title, that he was looking for alternatives.
Nar just wanted to shit can them

Yeah stay away from fastway. Maybe someone can impersonate jeddog and pick it up on his behalf first thing tomorrow.
Or give the post office a call early and ask them nicely to put it in the fridge for you. Ask real nice! Maybe even take them a beer when you pick it up.

Most of the post shops are private owned, Auspost just deliver to them.

We use Auspost to deliver our hardware to customers, about a 100 units a month.

So far in 5 months I we have only had about 2 items go missing, so overall Auspost do a damn good job.

If a sig is required to collect it then you have to sign for it, no if's, but's or anything. Thems the rules.

Word of caution, Auspost will not guarantee Express Post to Tasmainia.

Really from when your yeast was produced until when you received it, do you believe it has never missed 24-48 hours in refrigeration?

I think we need to think about that.

I have bought and used Liquid Yeast.
Express post does not do overnight where I am.
One lot was given to me and that was posted on Tuesday, got to me on Tuesday and was still usable.

Yob said:
Fastway by name only, they are a shit of a carrier and certainly no good interstate for liquid yeast
Depends where you live. I'm in a wee village on the coast near Taree that nobody has ever heard of (I'd never even heard of it myself until 3 months before I moved here :blink: )

However I get Fastway satchels from Craftbrewer next day, as opposed to often up to three days when I lived on Bribie Island where you could almost see Capalaba with xray vision on a clear day.

I note that my packages get picked up at CB in the late afternoon, zoomed down to Port Macquarie overnight and popped on the local truck at dawn to arrive here at lunchtime.

So it depends where you are on the Fastway distribution map. I'd guess we are on some sort of a fast "spine" as we are only ten minutes off the Pacific Hwy.

Latest posts

Back