Auberins Pid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Anyone know a rough idea of how long it took to get your PID from the USA. Mine left on 6th August & no show as yet?

Crusty

cdbrown got his recently, I think they turned up reasonably quickly mate.

Did they advise by email or other if it has been dispatched yet?

cdbrown got his recently, I think they turned up reasonably quickly mate.

Did they advise by email or other if it has been dispatched yet?

Yeah mate,
Got a tracking number & email saying it had left Georgia on the 6th August. I went to Australia post website & the tracking number is only a customs id & cant be found on their website. If it's not here in a couple more days, I will send them an email & find out if they know where it is.

Yeah mate,
Got a tracking number & email saying it had left Georgia on the 6th August. I went to Australia post website & the tracking number is only a customs id & cant be found on their website. If it's not here in a couple more days, I will send them an email & find out if they know where it is.

keep me posted - I ordered mine a few days after you.

Hi Crusty,
Ordered my Pid and Probe about 2 months ago.
10 days from USA to my front door.

Malbur

You get the jiffy box, crusty?

Nah,
Just going to install it in a control box with the two MashMasters. They look pretty good though.

Malbur,
Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week. 10 working days will be this Friday.

Crusty

I ordered 2 PIDs, probes, SSRs and heat sinks and they came in two different packages a few days apart. The delay will be here in aus rather than the international shipping. I think the first was 7 days and then 10 days.

got mine crusty, ordered a few days after you. I assume yours arrived?

got mine crusty, ordered a few days after you. I assume yours arrived?

Typical,
I still havent got mine. Seems like the shit luck continues to follow me around. Sent auberins an email yesterday to find out who I can contact in Australia & no reply as yet. If it's lost in transit it's the first & last time I'll be dealing with anyone overseas.

:angry: Crusty

Man that sucks. The aus post service is fairly poor. I had five books send from overseas at the same time but in separate packaging. All departed the uk on the same day but do you think they would all rock up at the house together. No. It was 5 days between the first and 2nd book, then another 7 days between the 2nd and the other 3.

Lets hope it still comes.

WOOHOO!

My order from auberins turned up today.
All safe & well.
After the string of bad luck I've been having lately, I assumed this order had been misplaced.
All's good.

Crusty

:icon_chickcheers: C'mon Crusty you know the drill.... Pictures or it didn't happen!

Well that's a relief. Now it's time to do some wiring and then sit there wondering how it all works!

used mine for the first time on the weekend - no autotune, just plugged it in and let it rip - fantastic results. Quick ramps, no noticeable overshoot, and good flow rate, even with a 50% wheat hefe recipe.

Looking forward to the accuracy + repeatability this will bring.....

:icon_chickcheers: C'mon Crusty you know the drill.... Pictures or it didn't happen!

Here it is,

003.jpg

Crusty

Hey all,

I recieved my PID last week

Just looking for some advice on setting up the base line paramaters

See below for what I've come up with and please point out any errors

Cheers :beer:

PID_Settings.PNG

G'day,

It might be that I need to get something like an Auberins PID one day
but has anyone considered using a Tempmate to control a heating