Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about resting Harris for Perth has me troubled. Thank god Lehmann put paid to that quick smart. Forget all this rotation and horses for courses rubbish.

Play the team that just won by 381 runs. It's the best XI we have right now. I guess I didn't want Bailey selected on the back of smashing shitloads of runs in India on very flat decks against questionable attacks. But apart from that, the team is looking pretty set right now.

When I seen Darren Lehman on the news saying if he's fit he'll play, I was looking for the like button on the telly remote. The rotation policy was crap.

Josh said:
All this talk about resting Harris for Perth has me troubled. Thank god Lehmann put paid to that quick smart. Forget all this rotation and horses for courses rubbish.

Play the team that just won by 381 runs. It's the best XI we have right now. I guess I didn't want Bailey selected on the back of smashing shitloads of runs in India on very flat decks against questionable attacks. But apart from that, the team is looking pretty set right now.
It wouldn't even be discussed except for the fact that Harris has the knees of a 70 year old...

200 partnership, with Clarke and Haddin well on there way to some real nice totals..

Why couldn't this have started with Rogers and Warner?

And I was just about to say Phillip Tufnell could catch better than these guys.

I love partnerships in the lower order and how much it must piss the the fielding side off. Ha.

I predict that this next innings by Australia will be one of the best for a long time........................................jeez its good to be on top of the Poms.

bradsbrew said:
I predict that this next innings by Australia will be one of the best for a long time........................................jeez its good to be on top of the Poms.
And that's why I only gamble with money I don't want.

Haha, Shame about the early wickets, let's see if Clarke and Warner can make a nice partnership.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Nah, I reckon was smart to rest our bowlers.. so we can smash them in Perth. Only day 3 after all

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Well, the decision not to enforce the follow-on was vindicated. Smashed 'em again! I didn't watch any of the fifth day, but should we be concerned that Johnson only took 1 for? He bowled plenty of overs, and by all reports bowled well. I hope he goes through them like a dose of salts in Perth.

Agreed. Pitch will be quick and bouncy. Perfect for mitto. I clearly remember the barmy army singing some song ripping the piss out of him last time they were here. Reckon they might've dropped that one now.

The poms are gonna melt in the 40-degree heat wave Perth is gonna drop on them come Friday.

Back