Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
England (adj) colloquial Australian term meaning "shithouse".
Eg:
"How's your head after all that Pimms, Cobber?"
"Mate, I'm feeling a bit England if the truth be told".

Congratulations to the Aussies.
Commiserations to the Poms.

What a pizzling!
Great to see some of the Aussie pariahs stick it up all the nay saying couch coaches around the country.

Johnson- can bowl
Clarke- can captain
Warner- can bat
Haddin- can keep and bat.

Also a hearty shout out to Micky Arthur.

I love watching Johnston. He has that certain look, like Lillee, the " you're fucked " look.

'ken oath cocko. I loved the last 5-0 but with that team we walloped everyone. Like droopybrew has mentioned, a lot of these players have come in for some criticism. Nothing like sticking it up em!

Great to see a few guys come out and shut up the naysayers. 5-0 a fitting result. Unlike the 0-3 result in England.

Where to from here, both for the Aussie cricket side and this thread? It's no longer 2013, and there won't be an Ashes series for 3.5 years.

The paper talk has Bailey in trouble. But Aussie selectors are pretty conservative and the side just won 5-0. I suspect, barring injury, the same XI will start in South Africa. Hopefully the top order pull their fingers out. RSA won't let the foot off the pedal at 5/140 like the English bowlers did in every match of the series.

2015 there, 2017 here? Usually four years between home series with the away series in between.

I'd reckon they'll keep the side mainly unchanged.

It hasn't rained in 40+ years in Perth and now England is about to lose and all of a sudden there's a rain delay?

Latest posts

Back