Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a middle order collapse. Let's
Hope for a better outcome at the oval.

I don't give much of a hoot about any sport, and the only thing I watch are the MotoGPs.

Having said that, every time I see Clarkie on the box and hearing him waffle on, I can't help thinking things won't improve until they dump him. That's despite the occasional nice score from him.

Watson - Never again
Haddin - Never again
Khawaja - Never again

Surely it's time to move on from some of these blokes.

I'd go back to Matthew Wade. 25 as opposed to 35. We need to build a team. Wade has time to get better and I'd say his batting is the equal of Haddin's. Get him to train with Ian Healy flat out for the next 18 months and tell him his spot is safe as long as he does the work off the pitch. I agree with Steve Waugh a bit when he said we need stability, I agree we need stability but guys should still have to earn their place and know their is pressure on them from others outside the team. I would think guys that have the potential to improve, and a work ethic and time on their side should be picked. I don't think Haddin is awful, just at 35 may have run his race and its time to move on.
Watson injured to often, seems to chock full of himself, has never seemed willing to do the really hard work.
Khawaja has had his chances and needs to do what Hayden and others before him have done, go back to shield level and make buckets and buckets of runs over at least two years before he is considered again.
Any way will be interested to see what happens for the last test.

Bridges said:
Watson - Never again
Haddin - Never again
Khawaja - Never again

Surely it's time to move on from some of these blokes.
I can live with the first two. But Khawaja is so young I wouldn't say never. Has all the shots and looks a picture when he's batting. It appears more a mental game for him right now. I'd give most of them the next Ashes series to build as a team before I looked elsewhere. Besides, it's not like anyone outside the team has made thousands of runs and is demanding a spot, save for Hughes.

Is Faulkner a good choice for this test? Australia win the toss and are batting.

Well hopefully that will silence Watsons critics for a bit. So if Warner and clarke dont make any runs in the second innings, does that mean they will be rotated?

Well that was a shit series for the Aussies wasn't it.

Close first match. Comprehensively beaten by the Poms in two matches. Beaten by the weather in two.

It can only get better in the summer.

Well that was a shit series for the Aussies wasn't it.
(Clipped)
It can only get better in the summer.

Should we just jump straight into talking about the second test yet?

-_-

thedragon said:
Clarke... Get rid of him.
Yes. Getting rid our form batsmen from the tast test series seems like a good idea.

Congratulations to Captain Clarke............he avoided the DUCK.......well done good sir.

Letting your dislike of him personally getting in they way of the obvious facts about his skill as a batsman much? I'll repeat what I said during the last ashes in this very thread.......If you think he can't bat you know **** all about cricket.

Back