Arrogant ******* Ale Clones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its on my list of too dos as well guys.
so many heavy brews to be brewed.

so far the hourglass and sister star of the sun.not session beers but its amazing how quickly they become session beers <_<

cheers
big d

Well I kegged my arrogant ******* on the weekend. It was the first beer I have ever kegged, so I was expecting lots of foaming, wasted beer. i was thinking why did I use the AB as my first keg beer...stupid! Anyway, I needn't have worried - it poured perfectly first pour!! Cloudy brown in appearance, 1 inch thick creamy head. Hop aroma mixed nicely with the malt aroma - you could smell it before you raised the glass to your lips. Mouthfeel was smooooth! Malt and hops are in perfect harmony. You know it's bitter, but it doesn't taste wrong, even though it's 100% Chinook in there. The hop flavour lasts only a few seconds more than the malt on the back of the palate, leaving you with a crisp lingering taste. Man this is a good beer! Even my wife likes it! This keg ain't gonna last long!

- Snow

Fantastic Snow.
I can still smell the hop aroma of mine, but alas the keg is empty.

Will be brewing it again in a few weeks.

Beers,
Doc

Snow,

Sounds like a fantastic beer. I have tried to make a few high gravity beers but struggle to get them to attenuate properly.

A quick question, what was your FG when you kegged? Did it fall much after racking?

Happy Drinking,
David

Unfortunately it only fell 1 point after racking, So it ended up at 1.025. However, I tasted it and it wasn't overly sweet and as I was kegging mainly most of it, I wasn't too concerned with underattenuation. This is the first high gravity beer I've made that hasn't attennuated to at least 70%, even though I aerated the bejesus out of it and pitched a healthy 3L starter. However, the London Ale yeast can be a low attenuator (67%) so I guess it wasn't too surprising. It isn't a problem flavour-wise. It's just lower in aclohol than I expected. As a precaution, I've got the 5 bottles I filled from the leftovers in a cupboard on their own (wrapped in towels) in case they "go boom"! I'll probably lift the lids of a couple to check the carb levels in a week.

- Snow

Is it possible to use Northern Brewer hops instead of chinook. I can't find a place that sells em in Melb.

Slight said:
Is it possible to use Northern Brewer hops instead of chinook. I can't find a place that sells em in Melb.
goliath'll post em to you...
but i reckon northern brewer might be an improvement...at least for aroma, ive had arrogant ******* a few times and the smell is UGGly. chinook isnt an aroma hop for the squeamish

Latest posts

Back