Are You Building A Stock Of Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Have you retired the old copper chiller, after all the hype and building a bit of stock ?.

Here is one of my stock of four batches

I squeeze as much air out as possible as Gerrard recommended .

Just trying to get an idea if others have adopted making and storing you own wort kits ?

Pumpy :)

pumpy_s_fresh_wort_kit.JPG

I haven't, I only ever leave the wort for a couple days to a week before pitching. Closest I've come to building up stocks was two after a double brew day.

I always store about 5 Litres of wort in the freezer to feed the yeast for the next batch.

2461.JPG

Where you get the IV bags from zwickel?

Kai , I have left four weeks I think they are lik bottled fruit that grandma used to make forever may be light sensitive so cover with blanket . :)

Finite those IV bags are used by Beerpires :unsure:

Vlbaby would a Slurrpee in beer be a 'Beerpee' :blink:

Pumpy :)

i suspect the IV bags are so zwickel can get that sweet nectar straight into the blood stream. :p

Might have to get a couple myself. :D

vl.

I only keep left over wort for starters. I can usually extract a litre or two of reasonably clear wort from the crud left over after transferring to the fermenter. I pour it into PET bottles to settle, then pour of the clear and freeze or sterilize in the pressure cooker.

Most of my wort cooked up this way ends up in 500 ml Lego tomato sauce jars (I even clean them sometimes) which I then store at room temperature, ready to go straight into a starter.

Yes I'm finding I'm building up a bit of a stock.

I've been scaling my brews to fill 2 x St Peters 15L cubes. Each cube is further diluted with 7L water prior to pitching yeast.

This is more economical on a few aspects and the filled cubes make nice return of favour gifts for friends who are kit brewers.

Scott

Latest posts

Back